Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #1

Port St Joe Florida State Route 71

We are headed to Presnell RV Resort in Port St. Joe next week. Has anyone traveled south on State Hwy. 71 from I 10 to port st joe. Any information would be appreciated .
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
We are headed to Presnell RV Resort in Port St. Joe next week. Has anyone traveled south on State Hwy. 71 from I 10 to port st joe. Any information would be appreciated .
Thanks
I was there opening day last month. Complete renovation of the campground. Be prepared to take an extra 3" sewer hose extension if your not using Sanicon. All utilities are rear of the sites not close to your wet bay. Hwy 71 dumps into St. Joe and Hwy 98. 71 is a good 2 lane but watch out for logging trucks and the police after crossing the bridge just before St. Joe. Just hang a left on 98 then 30A and you'll be there in 15 minutes. Try the shrimp place next door. They'll steam the shrimp while you wait. Hope the pool is finished. Have fun.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #3

Well we made the trip down Fla. 71. It is a good 2 lane highway with very little traffic . Just miles & miles of pine trees.. If you are looking for peace and quite this is the place. Even though it is a marina there is very little noise. The town of Port St. Joe is a quaint little town with small narrow streets but good for walking and browsing the old shops. The seafood we had was less than desirable, but being from Louisiana I guess we expected it to be on line with what we are use to here. We did find a good barbq place on hwy 30E out towards the state park. The campground was good and the utilities were located reasonably close to our wet bay, only 1 3" hose length away. It is further away than I like for a one day trip, 466.7 miles, but traffic wasn't bad. If you are in that area I would would stay there again but I would call for reservations as there is a lot of fishing in that area.

Tags
florida