Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 12:58 AM   #1

Preferred Route 66 book.

Is there a preferred Route 66 book.

Thanks.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:42 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
At this time, I'd have to say that I don't have a preferred travel guide for Route 66. When I was planning our stops along Route 66 for a 2017 trip, I borrowed every travel guide our regional library system had. All of them were useful and covered the highlights, but they varied in format and in the depth they went into regarding certain topics.

That being said, having just finished reading a Moon travel guide on coastal Oregon, I ordered the Moon Route 66 Road Trip travel guide. I was impressed by the sheer volume of detailed information in the Oregon guide, and I'm hoping for the same quality of detail in their Route 66 guide. Unfortunately, it's still in transit so I can't comment on it.

I'll bet that other forum members will be of more help. But you could also go online to read book reviews that might help you make the best choice for your needs.

Good luck with your search, and have a wonderful adventure on Historic Route 66!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #3

All the guides cover the highlights and the most popular POI’s. I like Drew Knowles “Rt 66 adventure guide”. He does a good job of pointing out the lesser known POI’s and giving the history of them. He updates it every few years so it is a good idea to get the latest edition. Lots of good information on YouTube. “Roamin Rich “ is one I subscribe to.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.historic66.com/

Don't know if that's preferred but it does have some information.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:40 AM   #5

YouTube has many sites that have lots of Route 66 stuff. Justin Scarred is one, Roaming Rich is another. I watched lots of their videos before we did the trip a couple years ago. Arizona has the most old roads still intact.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #6

Take a look at "The EZ66 Guide for Travelers" by Jerry McClanahan.

Tags
route