Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Road Conditions I84

Need update on road conditions between Sturbridge, MA and Scranton, PA I84 as of 04/14/2015
Petersr58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
The link below will give you plenty of options for Smartphone Apps, for traffic. I personally use WAZE.

Best of luck.

http://joyofandroid.com/traffic-app-for-android/
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersr58 View Post
Need update on road conditions between Sturbridge, MA and Scranton, PA I84 as of 04/14/2015
Peter, I just drove a good chunk of I-84 eastbound in the past 2 weeks. Here's a quote from my answer to another post in this section just tonight:

>>>..We joined I-84 near Milford, PA, and found it to be in rough condition also. As soon as you transition into NY, the condition improves greatly for that stretch, but upon entering CT the road once again becomes very unpredictable until you pass Hartford. East of Hartford to the Mass line is better, but still rough at the bridge joints. I-90, Mass Pike, is in good shape eastbound until you get south of Worcester, about Exit 10, then it too is a bit rough to I-495. We exited at I-495, so I can't comment on I-90 farther east. I-495 is good in both directions.

I-84 is a pretty rough road through most of PA and CT. They like to blame the recent harsh winter, but the fact is they have been negligent in their design and maintenance for years, and now this tough (but not unheard of) winter has bitten them in the butt. If I had to make the trip again, I would consider continuing on I-81 to I-88, and thus joining I-90. But, I don't know the condition of I-81 much north of Harrisburg, nor the condition of I-88 at all. This route would add even more miles. Also, I-90 in both NY and MA, although in very good condition for the most part, is a toll road, and a moderately expensive one at that. So, you'd have to do some more checking before deciding that for yourself...<<<

Hope this helps.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Each state has a Dept of Transportation. On-line you get road conditions and some time by phone,
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We just drove it Eastbound on the 10th. It's bumpy; it always is, but it wasn't too bad this time. We run 110 lb in the front tires; we feel them all.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote