Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
Road Construction I-10 Benson AZ

Anyone been through this section of I-10 recently? Someone told me they were delayed over an hour and a half in the road construction. The DOT web site says single lane in each direction but nothing about road closure. I've been through lots of road construction where the traffic is reduced to a single lane. Unless it's in a large city it normally goes pretty smoothly. I don't know the individual that told me about his hour and a half delay. He may have gotten carried away with his story.

John and Karen
2012 Thor Challenger 36FD
2013 Fiat 500 Toad
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
We did not find it closed.. just closed down to one lane for resurfacing.. We waited about 45 min to get thru... Lots of traffic and of course there were the people that had to race to get infront of everyone else .. hopefully a couple of semi's will block those who do that..

2004 Holiday Rambler DST
Jefferson City, Missouri
Navy vet 67/71 Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #3
Here's what I found and dates given are until May 20 or so:

Where are you coming from and where are you heading, there may be another route you can use.

I-10 get a LOT of traffic. It's a major truck route. That's why traffic takes long to get through if it's one-lane.
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I went through there early in March, on the way to the NASCAR races in Phoenix. On the way, the traffic was fairly heavy and I got delayed about 30 minutes total. One the way home, traffic wasn't as bad and we went through without any problems.
Richard and Laura Mae
2007 Monaco Camelot/2003 Jeep Rubicon or 2006 Jeep Commander
From the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote