Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Road trip Top Sail Park FL

Have 35 ft Class A with Equinox toad. Going to Topsail state park Santa Rosa beach area FL. Leaving from Knoxville TN.
What is best route to take with the best roads since I have never been there and fairly new with the RV.
Good Sam planner has me getting off I65 other side on Montgomery Al and taking state roads. No idea what these roads are like???
Thanks
rick5963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Might want to come down 75 to Calhoun GA (GA 53), then to Rome and east bypass around Rome to US 27. US 27 down to LaGrange, then grab I-185 to Columbus and cross to Phenix City, AL west on 82 then grab 431 to Dothan. At Dothan head south on us 231 to I-10, then west to FL 79 then west to Topsail.

Its almost all 4 lane and 65MPH- great road conditions.

We just ran most of this route a few weeks ago with our 40' MH and toad.. Very enjoyable

Have a great trip.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We go I65 and get off South of Montgomery at exit 114. Hwy 55 is nice 4 lane all the way to Andalusia. Then it is 2 lane to Florala, where you pick up 331, which is also 2 lane. You do go thru the towns of Florala and Defuniak, not too bad but could be congested. It is approx 90 mi from Andalusia to Topsail. There is construction is several places on 331 south of Defuniak/I-10, widening it to 4 lanes, but did not cause us any delays when we went thru last Dec. They are also widening the 331 bridge over the bay to 4 lane. After you cross the bridge, Topsail is a few miles west on hwy 98. Having said this, we actually take 29 out of Andalusia, to 137 to Fl-189 to 4, then east on hwy 90 a short distance to Antioch Rd/PJ Adams Pkwy, to 85, then get on I-10 east to south on Hwy 331. This avoids going thru Florala and Defuniak, but is a bit further. You could also take Fl 85 south to 293 around Niceville and over the mid bay bridge, then east on Hwy 98 to Topsail. This is shorter than the way I go but 293 has two tolls and traffic can be bad in Destin. Hope this isn't too confusing. Topsail is a great place to stay.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #4

From just south of you, I would go I-75, I-24, I-59, I-459, I-65, US-331
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote