Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjim View Post
jim, i think we ought to vote on your baby pic! i vote yes! put it back up jim

Sorry, the system will no longer allow me to upload my animated avatar, so I dug up this old family photo to use.

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
I'm almost afraid to ask. Which one are you?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Jim

let the forum vote. get the moderator to put up a couple of your pictures that will stick, and the forum can vote. I read the post why you took it off, didn't agree with him, but he has the right to say whatever.
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dang it. I wanted to talk about roads and now we're talking about baby pictures. Was that a hijack or what? Dang it.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
G'morning Jim:

Ya know....the thing about wanting to "talk about roads" is that such a discussion will most likely ultimately lead into another political wrangle among ourselves.

In order to effectively do anything about repairing, refurbishing and maintaining our aging American infrastructure (like roads), I think we have to start paying VERY critical attention to the kind of people we put into positions that are supposed to "manage" these things FOR us!! Such as: city councilors, township managers, county board members, state legislators, and federal level representatives.

Ya know what Jim?.......I'M the guy RESPONSIBLE for the deteriorating condition of "the roads" you want to talk about...and...I'm sorry for dropping the ball. I was enjoying living in America SO MUCH, that I kinda abdicated real serious concern about who the heck was even on those City Council and Township Board election ballots that I so dutifully submitted whenever there was some election at hand. OH!!....I always made it a point to VOTE and thought I was a good American!! Bull !!

Jim, I sincerely apologize for the conditions of our roads and although I sincerely wish I could be ganted a "do over", the sinister politcal machines of the....DemUBLICANS;...the RebuliCRATS;....AND even the IndeCISIVES; have a stranglehold on America and American self reliance and independence, and the worst of it is, that I let em take control. Again Jim,...I'm sorry. Steve
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #20

Jim,
Just returned from a 4500 mile trip west to Yellowstone. We were slowed by road construction in just about all states except our own (Indiana). At Yellowstone the only way out is to go West, all other roads are under construction. Even in the park the roads are being worked on. While we don't like being slowed or stopped by road construction we do appreciate the roads being rebuilt to nice smooth surfaces to drive our motorhome on while traveling this great country we live in. Hope your state and ours will soon start repairing the roads to their former good condition.
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
I can tell no one has driven Idaho and Montana roads as of yet. You can feel the diffference once you cross the Washigton line into Idaho, and fell it again once you cross into Montana, brother, talk about the tv coming down.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote