Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Rough Road - Troy, Ny

Stay away from Route 7 north out of Troy, NY if you want to keep all your fillings intact. We did this on Saturday and the road was so rough it bounced one of my 12v batteries right out of the cradle. We continued on towards Bennington, but that adventure will have to wait until we get home and I can type on a real keyboard... Canandaigua at the moment, Niagara over the weekend, then Erie, Grove City, and home

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
Stay away from Route 7 north out of Troy, NY if you want to keep all your fillings intact. We did this on Saturday and the road was so rough it bounced one of my 12v batteries right out of the cradle. We continued on towards Bennington, but that adventure will have to wait until we get home and I can type on a real keyboard... Canandaigua at the moment, Niagara over the weekend, then Erie, Grove City, and home
Interesting - I just came over that route with my heavily sprung truck and didn't think it was that bad - but I guess it's all relative. Now, If you really need a nasty 20 mile stretch to give those fillings a trial, then Rt 8 in Warren County NY from the county line to Warrensburg will do a shake test on any vehicle.

If you are on Rt 20, there is a very low underpass in that vicinity. Make sure you pay attention to the bypass sign as it is h3!! to find a place to turnaround(yep, I'm guilty)

Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
We hit a lot of traffic coming up out of Troy, and I think I hit every single storm drain along the right curbing.....took 45 mins to go about 4 miles
Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
We hit a lot of traffic coming up out of Troy, and I think I hit every single storm drain along the right curbing.....took 45 mins to go about 4 miles
Welcome to Troy

There really is no easy way around, especially for a non-local