Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

Route 375 around El Paso?

I will be traveling I-10 east tomorrow Friday 9/11) and will likely hit it at about rush hour - 4pm or so. I am trying to decide whether to stop for the night perhaps in Anthony and make a fresh push eastward on Saturday, or if perhaps taking the 375 loop around would make sense.

I am in a DP with toad. I'd like to get a bit past El Paso tomorrow, but not really if it means crawling bumper to bumper. Another option might be to stop at the Anthony welcome center, have dinner, and continue for a couple of hours after rush hour - hoping I can find a park before dusk.

Suggestions?
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I live outside of El Paso, and I will tell you you don't want to go through I-10 at 4:00pm, it will be bumper to bumper

Only alternative is to take the Loop 375, you will have to go up transmountain, 6% grade for a couple of miles, I see your driving a DP, so should be no problem there.

I would go this route if you have to get to Anthony

Re read your post, your going east

So yeah you could stop in Anthony for the night, then procede, or you could take the loop 375

either way I 10 at 400 pm is bumper to bumper

If you stop for the night in Anthony, I10 should be good to go Saturday morning.

My recommendation would be to stop for the night, because if you take loop375 Friday evening, it tends to slow down by spur 601, Soldiers from Ft Bliss going home, also getting back on to the 10 gets a little crowded.

My recommendation is to stop for the night and enjoy, then head out in the morning

Drive Safe
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
I live outside of El Paso, and I will tell you you don't want to go through I-10 at 4:00pm, it will be bumper to bumper

Only alternative is to take the Loop 375, you will have to go up transmountain, 6% grade for a couple of miles, I see your driving a DP, so should be no problem there.

I would go this route if you have to get to Anthony

Re read your post, your going east

So yeah you could stop in Anthony for the night, then procede, or you could take the loop 375

either way I 10 at 400 pm is bumper to bumper

If you stop for the night in Anthony, I10 should be good to go Saturday morning.

Drive Safe
Thanks for the quick response as I am planning my day for tomorrow and would like to get beyond El Paso. Yes, I have been through El Paso before when the traffic was bad and don't want to go there again if there is an alternate.

I didn't know if 375 went through a bunch of small towns that would slow me down as well or not. Sounds like not. The grade is not an issue. So there typically is no rush hour traffic on that route?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Thanks for the quick response as I am planning my day for tomorrow and would like to get beyond El Paso. Yes, I have been through El Paso before when the traffic was bad and don't want to go there again if there is an alternate.

I didn't know if 375 went through a bunch of small towns that would slow me down as well or not. Sounds like not. The grade is not an issue. So there typically is no rush hour traffic on that route?
Well now they have the Spur 601 that connects to 375, and the Soldiers from ft bliss use this, so there is some traffic on it, but not like I10

Loop 375 is a two lane smooth hwy all the way to I 10

This would be the best route if you want to get through El Paso, do NOT take the 10
There are no small towns on the 375, if fact they have improved it going down the 3east side of the grade, going past the wal mart, it is smooth sailing through now, no stop light etc....

This would be the best route if you want to get through El Paso Friday Night.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #5

Great! So glad I asked and you were sitting there waiting to answer me! I'll post back tomorrow with my experience...
Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Great! So glad I asked and you were sitting there waiting to answer me! I'll post back tomorrow with my experience...
Ok great, drive safe
Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #7

We've done 375 multiple times. We then take 62/180 east to 54 and then south to Van Horn....a nice drive.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

OP REPORT

As expected, I hit the I-375 Loop cut-off on I-10 West of El Paso about 4pm on Friday. It had started to rain and traffic was picking up but moving well. Man, that is ONE HILL!

It's just up and over right there on the west end of the loop, but it is an 8% grade in places. After that it is smooth sailing, nice pavement, no delays. It was not until I got about 3 miles from the I-10 interchange East of El Paso that traffic started to back up, but even at rush hour on a Friday it was not bad at all.

Turns they are not quite through with the construction on the east side there. Looks like maybe the west-bound I-10 ramps are done but getting onto I-10 east-bound you have to navigate on surface streets.

Either the signage was not that good, I was not paying attention, or both, because I blew right past I-10 and had to do a go-around. It's a great alternative to I-10 through El Paso if you are hitting near rush hour.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad you made it through all right!!! I was watching the T storms come in on my way home from work and was wondering if you were on your way.

Yes that grade is a nice test run, after you've made some "cooling" repairs to the RV

And you are correct the signage is awful, I do not venture to much to the eastside, and I have missed the exit as well.

Safe travels to you