Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

Route suggestions

Hi all....heading to Seattle from home base of Tucson. Would appreciate any and all suggestions on routing and stop overs. I prefer to drive 300 to 400 miles a day and Seattle is about 1,600 miles.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
After checking road conditions I would go north up to Salt Lake City, Twin Falls ID then west on 84.
The nicest part of that drive will be hwy 84 west through the Columbia river gorge. It will bring you out in Portland, then north I-5 to Seattle.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #3

There are many options depending on what you like. Do you want to get there fast via interstates or do you want scenic drives with stops to see the sites?
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #4

Thanks TMan59.....that looks to be the most direct...any suggestions on stop overs?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #5

two gypsies.....I have given us 6 days to get there
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The whole route is mainly so you can travel the Columbia river gorge. You have a choice of 84 on the Oregon side or 14 on the Wash side. There is a stone hedge replica around hood river and a few dams that can be toured. Twin falls is nice. Did I mention the gorge?
Old 05-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Make sure you stop at Multnomah falls and check that out.
There are also a number of bridges that you can crisscross as you head west between Wash and Ore. Lots a wineries if you like that. I would also suggest this section take 2-3 days. Just stop and enjoy. If there was still time you can just shoot through Portland over to the ocean and head north along the coast until the town of Aberdeen, then head east for 30 miles to I-5 and Olympia.
When do you plan on traveling?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #8

We leave Tucson July 11 and need to be in Seattle by the 17th. Thanks for all the suggestions. Have not looked at stops yet...I have stayed just outside Portland and also Bend.....we just moved to Tucson and have not traveled Salt Lake, etc....so trying to figure out stops betw here and Seattle