Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Hi all
A great thread
We are doing this trip starting 3rd August
We have planned the basic trip and booked all the Canada campgrounds thru parks Canada and grizzly in w Yellowstone
You need to do at least these bookings ASAP as apparently they fill up
We are doing a week in jasper week in Banff week in glacier and sadly only 1 week in Yellowstone. Prior we are doing badlands and from memory Waterton falls
As we finish this trip early October we run out of open campgrounds to go on to grand Tetons which is a shame ( we've skied them but not seen them in summer)
I'm not offering any advice here as I'm at the haven't got a clue stage so will read every post sifting for advice
So those offering advice will be assisting quite a few people I suspect
Thanks in advance

2005 Monaco Signature Castle 1V
2013 Subaru Outback Toad
SteveSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #16
Tiffin Owners Club
Great info SteveSkinner; one of the things we are struggling with is how to time our trip to give plenty of time getting there, but arrive at the destinations for the reservations that we have made. We are trying to add time for spontaneous side trips, we are also thinking that we may have to bide our time at another location in some cases to wait for our reservation dates.
We are such newbies to this, in some cases we don't know the questions we should be asking!

Allegro Open Road TGA Ford & Saturn Vue
bobnshirlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
I started by putting in the basic drive to GoodSam travel planning.
That gave me distances driving times, campgrounds and selectable attractions near or on route
I then searched the campgrounds fit their listed attractions and obviously reviews.
We are staying at the campgrounds mentioned in jasper and Banff. We are also spending a couple of nights in Calgary.
I can email our trip planning so far I'd you like. We start from Fort Worth and gone for 9 weeks
As we are Aussies we have no local knowledge.
We just got home to AU from our last trip which went little rock Memphis Nashville gatlinburg Asheville cape hatteras Virginia beach Washington new York Boston Niagara Chicago Springfield fort worth
We did 4500 miles in the coach and 1800 mikes in the toad.
I found detail planning was a good thing. Allowing enough time in each place based on attraction. Like Springfield was 4 hrs for Abe Lincoln museum andlibrary where Washington was a week
2005 Monaco Signature Castle 1V
2013 Subaru Outback Toad
SteveSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I did not see any responses to campgrounds near Sedona AZ. I would recommend you try Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ it makes a good home base for seeing all of the area.
Dave & Jeri
06 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
TOAD 11 Honda CRV
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
When in Sedona, AZ make reservations at Rancho Sedona RV Park. This is one of our favorite places to stay of all parks. Great location and beautiful surroundings. Make reservations ASAP, as they are usually booked up. However, if they are booked go on waiting list. We have done that five times and on four of those we were called and ended up getting a site. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

The journey is the Reward!
Joebear is offline   Reply With Quote