Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #1

RVs on Garden State Parkway

So I have a ClassA with Toad. Planing a trip South that all map programs send me on the Garden State Parkway. I have been on a website that says RVs towing trailers with a combined length under 62ft are allowed. Full size busses are allowed as well. I find no hight restrictions. I need to check my overall length but I think I am within inches. Glad I have a short toad. Any info would help. I have taken some long routes to avoid this parkway thinking it could involve jail time. �� Any input will help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #2

You re good to go the entire length of the parkway
seasure1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I travel the Garden State Parkway three or four times a year on my way up North I have never had a problem my motorhome is 60 foot with a toad and the height is 12 foot 4 in. There are four Archway over passes in the Asbury Park area north they are the lowest clearance on the parkway which is around 13'6" when I am nearing these overpasses I always take the center lane
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #4

Was just on it Sunday driving my buddies rig, 41 foot motorhome towing a 30 foot trailer with 4 foot tongue. Shhhhh,was driving right next to a police car for 3 miles or so and he never looked at me.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #5

The lowest is the right lane northbound Line Linden exit 135 11’ 10”. Dover road exit 13 feet. This website show the signs and exits north bound.

https://www.aaroads.com/guides/garde...-north-newark/
Old 10-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #6

I’ve driven it many times and I’m 12ft6in but allow myself 13ft6in and never had a problem. As stated when you get to the lower op stay in center lane. Let pretty much leaves you alone.

Tags
rvs