Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #1

I hope some one can offer some advise about my route selections. I'm coming from Florida via I95 to I26 to I77 to I81 to I 80 and will stay in New Jersey for a while. I think many on this forum have stated this is preferable to I95. But from there we will be taking our 32 ft. Class A up I87 to Glen Falls east on Rt. 4 to Rutland then Lebanon and catch I89 to Concord then catch the Everett Tpk to Nashua and camp there for a while. Any problems with that route so far that I should know about? From there I will go south to Lowell and catch I495 west to I90 and then south on I90 to I84 at Hartford then west back to I87. An alternate route would be to contnue west on I90 to the Taconic State Parkway in NY and head south to I84. I plan on taking a month to see the leaves visit relatives and see old sights. What are my problems with this plan? Is Hartford still difficult to get through? The third route south from I 90 could be route 7 from Great Barrignton to Danbury. I'm a former CT Yankee and I remember that road to be beautifull at that time of year. I'll head south to FLA the same way I came up. Any State camp grounds in the Northeast have electricity and water? I'll be retiring then so this will be our first long trip in the RV and will return to FL in November.

D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #2

I hope some one can offer some advise about my route selections. I'm coming from Florida via I95 to I26 to I77 to I81 to I 80 and will stay in New Jersey for a while. I think many on this forum have stated this is preferable to I95. But from there we will be taking our 32 ft. Class A up I87 to Glen Falls east on Rt. 4 to Rutland then Lebanon and catch I89 to Concord then catch the Everett Tpk to Nashua and camp there for a while. Any problems with that route so far that I should know about? From there I will go south to Lowell and catch I495 west to I90 and then south on I90 to I84 at Hartford then west back to I87. An alternate route would be to contnue west on I90 to the Taconic State Parkway in NY and head south to I84. I plan on taking a month to see the leaves visit relatives and see old sights. What are my problems with this plan? Is Hartford still difficult to get through? The third route south from I 90 could be route 7 from Great Barrignton to Danbury. I'm a former CT Yankee and I remember that road to be beautifull at that time of year. I'll head south to FLA the same way I came up. Any State camp grounds in the Northeast have electricity and water? I'll be retiring then so this will be our first long trip in the RV and will return to FL in November.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #3

Route 4 to Rutland is fine. I can't comment on 4 from Rutland to White River as regards driving a mh. 84 thru Hartford and all of CT is ok. Hartford traffic can be heavy 3-6 PM and before Waterbury can be crowded for no apparent reason. I don't think the Taconic will allow a motorhome, although I am not positive.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #4

Thanks, I'll be sure to stay off the Taconic