Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #1

Hi:

We are looking for a good route from Seattle to Ft. Stevens. I5 to Olympia and then 8 and 12 to the 101 looks good. We are in a 42 ft. MH with a toad.

Thanks

moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #2

Hi:

We are looking for a good route from Seattle to Ft. Stevens. I5 to Olympia and then 8 and 12 to the 101 looks good. We are in a 42 ft. MH with a toad.

Thanks

moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Moisheh,

The route you are looking at is good. There is a highway that links 12 with 101 and will let you avoid Aberdeen. The exit is the second Montesano exit (the highway number excapes me at present). Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. This road take you to Raymond/South Bend. It is good roadway and should be no problem with your rig.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff and Cheryl:
Moisheh,

The route you are looking at is good. There is a highway that links 12 with 101 and will let you avoid Aberdeen. The exit is the second Montesano exit (the highway number excapes me at present). Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. This road take you to Raymond/South Bend. It is good roadway and should be no problem with your rig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This road has one narrow point, a bridge maybe one mile after you exit 12, turn left and head toward 101. Fate, once again, was my buddy on our maiden voyage with our current RV. We took this road and just as we were going over this short narrow bridge another 40ish motor home passed going the opposite way. No meeting of RV parts, but is was closer than I'd prefer.

The Hamptons
2015 Newmar Ventana LE 3436
2005 Mini Cooper S
Ceratto's Grotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
jfb

The road from Montesano (SR107) to US101 is good but US101 from that intersection to Raymond is BAD!! US101 from Raymond to SR4 and on to Naselle and on SR401 to the Astoria Bridge is good... For what it's worth, my preferred route is I5 to Exit 36, SR 432 to SR433 to the high bridge over the Columbia to OR30 qand West to Astoria and on to US101 to Warrenton and FT Stevens...