Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
A1A/200 is now almost all new 4 lane divided highway from I-95 to I-10, except for about 5 miles.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #16

Hi TomN,
Yep A1A is getting to be a nice road. maybe we shouldn't advertise it.
😁
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJones View Post
Keep an eye on the Florida State games (Seminoles) and Florida (Gators) they draw crowds. Be cautious if any Georgia or S. Carolina teams are playing them. Maybe the easiest thing is to not travel the area on Friday or Saturday if you have that kind of flexibility. It also seems to me that the route is heavy during the Christmas holiday season. The 301 route is a nice drive and if you are not trying to get from point A to B as fast as possible is more fun to drive. I have to keep reminding myself it is the journey, not the destination now that I don't have to work everyday. We winter in the tampa area Nov.-Mar. and then back to the smokies. travel safe, mark
Thanks Mark; I won't be out Christmas, but SC is Fri-Sat so far. I'll be watching the game schedule I guess. I'm a Motor Bike nut and people would ask how I could just go out and ride with no useful destination. Answer; The Journey is the Destination. Bob
FixerCQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I'm OK with your route till Jacksonville, FL. I would take the west bypass to I10 and then take US301 south to Ocala. At that point pick up I75. This will keep you out of the rat race of Orlando. Tampa is no issue at all.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Hey! I'm one of those Orlando Rat Racers. I'll drive my MH thru O-town any day as opposed to Tampa traffic. The worst Orlando traffic is I-4. The 408, 429, 417 and 528 aren't really that bad unless there is an accident or something. Oh and by the way, we got caught in a 7 hour traffic jam on I-75 back in July.

Agree with bypassing Jax, another traffic mess. But like you say, they are all pikers compared to Atlanta. And the Atlanta bypasses are no gems either!
Old 09-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL1950 View Post
Maybe we I'll see you there we are staying there also but won't be there until January!
Small world eh! Looking forward to meeting you. Bob
Old 09-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Drive to Pittsburgh and follow me.

I-79 to US19 to I-77 to I-26 to I-95 to FL200/A1A to US301

North of Charlotte take I-485 west. I-485 is the new bypass on the west side of Charlotte.

I've been driving this route since before I-77 was completed and the WV turnpike (I-77/I-64) was 2 lanes. Scenic drive.

-Tom, W3TLN
When do you leave???
Old 09-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
One more dumb question if anyone's still out there. Crossing the border at the Peace Bridge and it will be my first time in the MOHO. I gather you go through where the trucks go and looking at the sat map they are on the right side going in and coming back. Looks like coming back they are completely off to the right on a clover leaf. Bob
Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Can't answer re: the bridge crossing, I'd just look for any other big units, RVs, buses, etc and follow them. I doubt you'll be the only non-auto vehicle crossing.

In re original post, I know of no tunnels on your route that prohibit propane, unless you take a very wide left around Pittsburgh and go through Baltimore. Not to worry.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminJersey View Post
Can't answer re: the bridge crossing, I'd just look for any other big units, RVs, buses, etc and follow them. I doubt you'll be the only non-auto vehicle crossing.

In re original post, I know of no tunnels on your route that prohibit propane, unless you take a very wide left around Pittsburgh and go through Baltimore. Not to worry.
Follow the leader, got it. Glad to hear about the tunnel thing. I did not want to get 2 miles away from one and then get the warning from my GPS.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:18 AM   #24

We stayed at Myakka RV Resort last year and loved it! We will return this year also. Unfortunately for us, our trip isn't until March!
Hubby runs the clock for our local University for both Football and Basketball. He is in year 17 of doing both and would like to do until year 20!! So we have 3 more years until we can head down earlier! Ohh well, we have only been retired 2 years so we hopefully have time for longer escapes!! If you haven't been to Myakka RV Resort previously, you will definitely enjoy!! See you in March!!
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Summerhouse; Looking forward to meeting you folks. We leave at the end of March. Bob and Isabelle.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixerCQI View Post
When do you leave???
November 29th.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #27

Fixer, you cross with the Auto's. They don't want you in the truck lanes at the peace bridge.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not advice on the route but.... If you happen to take I-75 in KY (At least the south part of the state) take the CORBIN exit,, Find the local KFC and have lunch there.. You may then continue on your way.

Tags
advice