Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
So Cal to Oregon Coast

Thinking of heading north in June for a couple of weeks. Been to Oregon and beyond many times, but we haven't done the Oregon Coast. Would still like to stay at some interior spots, like Seven Feathers RV Resort, maybe Bend, etc. I'm always looking for something I haven't seen...for some reason, I can't get real excited about going to Oregon this time ("been there done that" feeling?) Ha! Would really love to go to New England or Florida, but don't have enough time in June. Hubby suggested Oregon Coast. Any tips, recommendations to make me REALLY want to go up there? We usually head up on the 5, but have done the 101, etc; many times too. We like Benbow RV park up near Garberville, CA as hubby likes the golf course there. What about Crown Villa RV in OR??
Any ideas?
Carol and Ed

carolanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
The Oregon coast in June will most likely be rainy. We really don't count on seeing good weather on the coast until after the 4th of July. Living in Oregon we can pick and choose our trips to the coast around the weather; you most likely won't have that option. I would recommend Central or Eastern Oregon for June trips.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Welcome to Oregon. Stay off the coast until September, That when the truly great weather starts. As for Central/eastern part of the state, there are many many places to explore from the High Desert museum south of Bend, lava caves, lava cast forest to Cam Wa Chang in Lagrande. You could literally spend a month in that part of the state and not see it all.
If you do decide on the coast US101 is best driven north to south. Speed up I5 to north of Portland and take US30 over to Astoria to start your tour of US101.
Don and Lorri
2007 Dodge 3500 dually
Resident Dummy.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Lived in Lincoln City for 3 years. It's beautiful when it's beautiful. You never know what you could get on any day. Lot's of Oregonians just enjoy the coast not matter rain, wind or shine. If you're coming up I-5 through the Willamette valley, Salem has a couple of very nice RV parks - Premier RV in west Salem on highway 22 and He He Illihee just off of the Portland Road I-5 exit. Great pool, spa, etc. Hope you have a great trip. We are heading out to Sea & Sand just south of Lincoln City/North of Depoe bay for a 3 day weekend in mid-June. Hoping the weather will be nice, but it it's not, well just stay inside and enjoy it anyway. It's a great chance of pace.
"It is what it is...forward ho!

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BXS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote