Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #1

The place to go

Where does everyone go in the winter. I am new to the whole RV thing and I was just curious as to where everyone goes in the winter. I am a year round RV guy and I was just curious. I don't need much, just a sewer and some electric. Thank you in advance for your help.
Daniel
Daniel6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

I have friends that spend parts of the winter in the following states: Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona , California ...

And some in Mexico ...

It depends on what climate you prefer, activities that you want to participate in, and where your friends are

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Daniel6001:

Hi from the prairies of South Dakota.

Skigramp pretty much summed up the all the wintering places most RV'rs migrate toward when the weather turns sour further North. You mentioned that you are "a year round RV guy" which kinda sounds like being a "full timer" (ie., no house, no stuff, just on the road, etc.), so ya don't have to worry about some home place freezing up while your gone, which kinda leaves it up to you where to spend those colder month.

We'd suggest,....pick a place, spend the winter, then next year, pick a different place.

Steve & Lynette
Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Daniel6001,
Yep, anywhere it is warm. I winter in West Palm Beach, Florida. We have wheels and go where the sun is. All the USA states mentioned by skigramp have hundreds of CGs to choose from.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We have an old camping friend who said he would stay for the winter "anywhere south of I-10."

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

The best joke I know about where to spend the winter goes like this ...

Ole ties a snow shovel onto the front of his motorhome ... Sven comes by just as he is finishing and asks "Why did you tie yer snow shovel on da front of yer motohome?" ... Ole says "Simple, I vill start driving south until someone asks vat is dat ting on the front of yer motohome?... dat is ver I will spend de winter"

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote