Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #1

Travel through Nashville flooding

In the past few days, has anyone been on the northbound interstate going to and through the Nashville area? If so, are the roads in good shape and passable? Specifically, how are I75 and I24 northbound in that area.

We want to travel north through Nashville in 2 days and in light of the recent flooding, should I plan on a different routing or are the roads in good shape?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I was planning on doing the same today, but the trip was cancelled. Last night I went to the TN DOT to check road conditions, there were no alerts for the interstates. There were a few rock slides on secondary roads listed. I would suggest you check TN DOT site if no one can give you first hand knowledge of this.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #3

I live in west TN and I went to that site a couple of days ago to check on some local roads and it didnt have anything listed but I found out the roads were still closed I wouldnt rely on that site
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
It seems I will be heading through Nashville on this coming Monday. Does anyone know if I-40 is open due to flooding. I have no need for secondary streets at this time.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I-40 is open as is I-24 and I-65. I would avoid the Briely Parkway.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #6

Not many issues from flooding on the major arteries in Middle TN now. Only problem is in back roads where debris has not been picked up yet.

Was at the Opry area Tuesday, no problem getting around. The KOA on Music Valley Drive had been flooded and still had several RV's sitting around with obvious flood damage. Fortunately, our MH was at the dealership which suffered no problems.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you for the update, I have another option for travel but prefer not to take the route through WVA. The less mountians I have to travel with the MH the better.