Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

Trip in PA - grove city area to hershey, PA

Hey all, I'm planning a trip with my family to Hershey park. We will be coming from the yogi park in the grove city area off of 80. I'm wondering if anyone can give me insight as to what route to use from grove city to Hershey? I have looked a little online and am unsure if some of the smaller highways will be suitable for traveling while hauling the trailer.

Thanks in advanced,

DB
Burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #2

I-80E to State College area, exit 161, then I-99S to US 322E. Follow US 322E to Harrisburg. (Do not get confused as you approach central PA; US 322 parallels I-80 so stay on I-80 to the State College area.) In Harrisburg, I-81N for several exits to Pa. 39 south. (Again, stay on US 322 until you hit I-81N; PA 39 crosses US 322 north of Harrisburg which you don't want.) Pa. 39S takes you to the entrance of Hershey Park. You didn't specify a campground so you will have to modify these directions in the Hershey area for your campground.

These are 4 lane roads except for Pa. 39 which is 2 lane but no problem.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #3

Thx BBQ Judge, I will be staying at Hershey meadow campground which is down the street from Hershey park. I looked at it and thought 322 looked like the way to go, but was just worried on having the trailer in tow. Thanks again for your help.

DB
Burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I live within smell of the chocolate factory! Ditto on the above directions. Roads are no problem, I travel all the time in a 43' coach towing a car. Wave when you go by! Have fun, Hershey is a neat place. Be sure to do the new "Hershey Story Museum" on Chocolate Ave. High Meadows is an OK campground. Only downside is the train track adjacent to the park. Trains go thru all night. Want a spectacular restaurant? Do Devon, also on Chocolate Ave. Scrumptious seafood!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote