Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #1

Trip planner

Howdy from Texas. My hubby and I are planning a 5 month trip starting this April.
I'm looking for a rather fundamental trip plannhat app for my iPad that allows me to enter in multiple destinations. Unless I am not doing it correctly ( and that is a very big possibility ) it seems that most of the apps only allow single destinations.
Can someone recommend an app for a newbie that allows multiple destinations, showing the route overall and also being able to break each leg down.
Quick list of our first few months, we start out in Kemah, Texas.

Seminole Canyon State Park, Texas
Guadalupe Mountains
Gila
Grand Canyon
Canyon land , Utah
Tee Tons
Dubois, Wyoming
Yellowstone
There is more but you get the drift. We are trying to drive about a day or so
then stay 7-9 days.

Thanks for any help,
Erika

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Although we never use that feature, I do believe that Microsoft Streets and Trips facilitates that and with integrated GPS will guide you through every turn.

I'm not an Apple guy so don't know about compatibility with iPad.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

Sometimes multiple stops are handled using the "via" option. That is, enter your start and ultimate end points and then enter the stops in the middle using the "via" option.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to brandypup
I have been using google maps, if your signed in you can do My PLaces and create your own maps. Once you have a map up - say of California then in the search you can put in something like rv parks, racetracks, 6 flags whatever- and it will mark it on those maps.

Not sure if that is somethign you were looking at. I havn't found just a single app yet other then the walmart overngiht stops and KOA. lol.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #5

Rain Dog,
Garmin has a app for the iPad, I don't know much about it other then it is pricy. I use Google Maps on my iPad. I am not sure what GPS you are using but if you have a Garmin GPS like my dēzl™ 560LMT. Download the free Garmin Base Camp program to your computer. With Base Camp you can plan you trip and then upload the trips to you Garmin GPS via USB. Surprising if you search the Garmin web site you will find you can download the Garmin maps to your computer FREE as long as you have a GPS with lifetime maps. BirdsEye Satellite Imagery is also available for a yearly charge. (I have not tried it yet.) Nice things about the program is it does not require an internet connection other than for the initial map download, is compatible with your GPS, and with lifetime maps your US, Canada and Alaska maps are always up to date on both your computer and GPS.
Cheers
Ted
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOHOO, what a ride!"
HohoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypup View Post
I have been using google maps, if your signed in you can do My PLaces and create your own maps. Once you have a map up - say of California then in the search you can put in something like rv parks, racetracks, 6 flags whatever- and it will mark it on those maps.

Not sure if that is somethign you were looking at. I havn't found just a single app yet other then the walmart overngiht stops and KOA. lol.
thanks! That is what I'm looking for.
My hubby found this, if you are on a tablet the screen will look a bit different, you can click 'classic' at the bottom of the page to get the same look as the tutorial. So far I've entered only a few destinations. Let you know how it works in real life
Erika
Old 03-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #7

Forgot to post the link for tutorial on google map tour

Google
Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Has anyone used the Passport America Trip Planner and if so how is it? Is there a better one to use?