Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
Trip planning including weather

What is available on the net to plan your trip that includes the weather en route? Thank you.

ijimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just saw "Weather on Wheels" mentioned on another thread and praised for giving updated weather along their route. Sounds like something worth checking out. Safe travels!

2016 Itasca Sunstar 35F
Dave, Annette & Jazmyn(Bichon)
2013 Honda CRV in tow
davidsheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #3

Intellicast - Highway Conditions

on a related note. Noaa radar.... National Weather Service Doppler Radar Images
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
Thanks, good info.
ijimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can go to Driving Directions and Weather - Trip Planner - Weather Along Your Route - AccuWeather.com where you put in start and end locations and along the route you get weather icons showing weather. For example I put in NJ to FL and got about 20 weather reports along the route. Click on the Icon and you get additional weather information.
Bob and Cathy
2015 Itasca Sunova 33c towing a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
If you happen to have a GPS that allows Sirius/XM TravelLink option, you can monitor radar along your route. I have it on my 450 nav system and it does a fairly good job of letting you know if there are any serious storms in your path.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
I use an app called My Radar doesn't let you plan trips or anything but shows weather on route as well as other layers for cloud cover, aviation, wind direction and speed. I couldn't imagine traveling without it.
Doug & Dodie
2000 Monaco Dynasty
Canedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
Robmat, thank you for the heads up on AccuWeather, just saved it as bookmark

king yankee is online now   Reply With Quote