Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Trip planning/route planning app

I am looking for an app for trip planning and routing. I have copilot and not in love with it. All suggestions would be welcome!

Roland, Linda, Matt, LuLu, Mo and Chewy
Fleetwood Bounder 38 N
2015 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Drive II
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
There are several IPhone and Android apps, but they only work where there you have cell service, and regardless of the marketing gimmicks, there are plenty places along the road where service is interrupted. I finally broke down and purchased a GPS that allows me to download specific trips including campgrounds, points of interest, fuel and food as well as repair shops along my route.

Planning my trip on my computer and the downloading it to my GPS works for me.

NOTE: I got the Rand McNally GPS at Camping World. It's the Good Sam edition and has a large 7" screen

2012 Newmar Ventana
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
I was using Microsoft Streets & Trips for planning routes. MS dropped the program but I still used it until about 6 months ago when I got errors and it would not boot up. Since then I use Google Map to plan my routes. Not as convenient to my mind but it does work well. Once I plan the trip, I set up the trip on my gps. At times I do have to add extra stops on my gps to make the route fit what I planned on Google.

If you are a Good Sam member, they have an online trip planning site that works pretty well.

I haven't found any Android app that suits me for trip planning.
Pete - Full Timing
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
You might want to check out Furkot.com. It's got a little bit of a learning curve, but is totally worth it. Just one of the settings it has is letting you set your max speed so your drive/arrival times are pretty accurate (actual road conditions permitting).
There's no portable app for it now, but it does have several export options for GPSs
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Another approach...
I use RV Trip Wizard which is a subscription service for planning our routes. Trip Wizard allows you to set concentric "distance circles" that range out from the current campground that you have selected. I have mine set at 200, 250 and 300 miles. I then look in my direction of travel and Trip Wizard brings up campgrounds along my route of travel with the overlaid distance circles. Once I have laid out my route with selected CGs I download the route in an excel spreadsheet and then print it out. It prints with full CG information. I then use the spreadsheet to input the address of each CG into my Garmin LMT 760. Works like a champ and provides records of all travels.
Ken & Anita
2011 Newmar Essex, 45'- 4522, Cummins 500 ISM, 2013 CRV, RVI2 Brake with TPMS
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote

trip wizard