I've been taking a look at the Trucker Path Pro app. https://truckerpath.com/
I am a user. Have no financial skin in the game. Here's what I've found:
Trucker Path Pro is a logistical assistant geared towards professional truck drivers but could be helpful to RVers. It tells you just about everything you need to know about a truck stop.
There is no one-app-shows-everything out there, but this is a pretty good app to add to your planning and en route tools. Best used in conjection with your GPS, Gas Buddy, Allstays Walmart Overnight Parking and other apps.
Works with Android and Apple phones and tablets. Andriod says it has been downloaded 500,000 to 1 million times.
A 5-star rating from 1,634 users at the iTunes app store. http://apple.co/1FNTJhi
A 4.5 rating from 19,492 users at the Google app store. http://bit.ly/1Ro0ooE
And it is FREE. With NO ads.
That said, it shows just about all truck stops on a map -- handy when your fuel gauge dips below a quarter tank. Quickly shows what's available with a 200-mile radius of where you are.
One drawback: It appears to depend on users to keep information current. So check the time and date of entries before you decide on whether to rely on them.
With a click, provides detailed information about all major truck stops, such as:
* number of truck parking spaces -- and green/yellow/red indicators showing if there are any open spots;
* directions, phone/fax numbers;
* number of scales;
* restaurants nearby;
* type of truck care provided;
* weather; and
* fuel prices.
It also provides information about
* weigh station status -- know when the weigh station is open "so you can customize your route," according to the app;
* rest areas;
* restaurants; and
* nearby hotels/motels.
One other feature: a trip planner to help plan routes. However, it does NOT show height and weight restrictions.
It shows these truck stops on a map. Each has its own symbol so you can see, at a glance, by brand and distance:
* Pilot & Flying J Travel Plazas;
* Loves Travel Stops;
* TA Travel Centers;
* Petro Stopping Centers;
* AM Best;
* Pacific Pride Commercial;
* Sapp Brothers;
* Roady's Truck Stops; and
* thousands of independents.
Users have reported some problems:
* Interferes with some other apps that need access to location. Drains battery. Have to restart phone to clear it.
* I loved this app in the beginning. But people are wrecking it by saying there are lots of parking spots available when there aren't any and with weigh stations saying they are open when closed or closed when they are open.
* Hard to see on phone screen when driving.