Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #1

Talking US 95 South Nampa ID to Reno NV

Hello! We are heading to Reno this week and will take US 95 South from Nampa/Marsing Idaho (we're from Boise) to Winnemucca and on to Reno. We were told there is one section of 95 with no gas station for 100-150 miles. Anyone traveled this route recently and can tell us where to watch for that section? We usually have a gas can/ reserve on hand but want to avoid using it! Also can anyone recommend a good restaurant(s) on this route? Thank you for the direction and look forward to hear back. Shybee
Shybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #2

Jordan valley then Mc Dermit, nv has fuel. Not that big of a deal I've don't many times
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

You should have any problems. Just make sure you start out filled. You should be able to go 100-150 miles without have to fuel up.

You should put your rv in your signature. It makes it easier for us to give you help, by knowing what you have.

Top of the page: User CP, in the drop down Edit Signature.

It's what you see at the bottom of my post.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post

You should have any problems. Just make sure you start out filled. You should be able to go 100-150 miles without have to fuel up.

You should put your rv in your signature. It makes it easier for us to give you help, by knowing what you have.

Top of the page: User CP, in the drop down Edit Signature.

It's what you see at the bottom of my post.

Interesting, I can't see anybody's signature on my iPad.

Brandi
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzbrandi View Post
Interesting, I can't see anybody's signature on my iPad.

Brandi

iPad & iPhone don't show them on the Tapatalk app. If you click on the user name it's available to all.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #6

its a good road,hundreds of car and trucks use it every day as it is the main highway from the bay area to boise.
one caution watch your speed in oregon,it is just a short distance but they patrol it heavy
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #7

US 95 South Nampa ID

Thank you for your timely reply. You were right- the road albeit short through Oregon was patrolled heavily. There was very little traffic when we left Tuesday morning and had good weather all the way to Reno our destination. It is a highly traveled road and clearly a main route from the Bay area. You might think about stopping at Steve's Homemade Icecream in Fernley next time you're on 95 South.
Was a fantastic break up of the drive to enjoy old-fashioned quality and service at a sole proprietor's shop and not a chain.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #8

Thank you!
Old 04-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #9

Thanks for your timely reply. We started out filled and that did the trick. Will work on getting our signature to include our RV.