Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
US95 North of Needles, CA Closed 5/14-17

I just came across this on the Nevada DOT website:

"Beginning Monday, May 14th through May 17th, US95 will be closed in both directions at Goff's Rd in Needles, CA

DI-Beginning Monday, May 14th from 6pm until 6am Tuesday May 15th, and then again, May 15th from 6pm to 6am May 17th, all lanes in both directions on US95 will be closed at Goff’s Road in Needles, please follow posted detours; and expect traffic delays.
"

Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #2

Hope they have it closed to fix the RR Xing , bump there was awful.
Came through once 2 years ago , and someone had lost the entire sewer system off their trailer, 15' of pipe with the brown stuff, laying at the side of the road.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
That crossing is really bad. This is one where the 20 mph sign is way too fast, should be 1 mph. I have been going over it for the last 15 years and it's never been good. Now that US93 has the new bridge over the Hover Dam I go that way. It's a couple of minutes longer for me but a much nicer drive.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
That crossing is really bad. This is one where the 20 mph sign is way too fast, should be 1 mph. I have been going over it for the last 15 years and it's never been good. Now that US93 has the new bridge over the Hover Dam I go that way. It's a couple of minutes longer for me but a much nicer drive.
The 4 times I've been through the area since the bridge opened, there have been wind warnings so I've avoided it. Maybe next year.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have been over the bridge about 6 times so far, every time there were wind warnings but never any wind
I think the signs are permanent as there is always wind coming up the canyon. Just stay in the left lane like the sign says and you won't notice anything (at least I haven't...).
Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
I have been over the bridge about 6 times so far, every time there were wind warnings but never any wind
I think the signs are permanent as there is always wind coming up the canyon. Just stay in the left lane like the sign says and you won't notice anything (at least I haven't...).
Yes, the signs are permanent, not indicative of high winds at any particular time. The purpose of the signs is to caution high profile vehicles to move to the inside lane.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #7

I've never got close enough to see the lane change signage , when I've seen the signs in Henderson, I head south through Searchlight and have had strong winds across the desert flats, so I figured the warning was justified. On our trips north in the spring, we visit in Desert Hot Springs, so we miss the area. I'll keep the route in mind for next fall and make my own call when I get to Railroad Pass.