Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #1

Utah Rt89 South of I-70 towards Bryce Canyon

Hey All,

Hopefully this is a quick answer. I’m trying to see if Rt89 South off of I-70 is rv friendly. We’re heading to Bryce and that looks like a nice “detour” from the highway if it’s an option.

Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #2

I think I found my answer but it is a couple years old. Looking for a more updated answer.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #3

It's just about flat. Good highway all the way down to Arizona.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
We travel US89 at least twice a season when we head to Kanab, UT from the Seattle area. Headed south on I-15 we take exit 228 at Nephi, UT and follow SR-28 south to Salina, then catch the I-70 spur down to Sevier where we catch US89 for the duration into Kanab. We see a lot of other RV's including large DP's along that route. The turn-off to heads towards Bryce Canyon is about 60 miles north of Kanab. You won't have any issues going that route. It's a beautiful drive and we always look forward to that part of the trip.

If you are going to continue south on 89 after Bryce Canyon into Arizona, perhaps to catch I-40 east, I'd stay on US-89 proper out of Kanab which runs you through Lake Powell/Page, AZ rather than taking US-89A through Fredonia/Jacob Lake. Also, if you are an animal lover you might consider taking a half day and tour the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary which is right off US-89 5 miles north of Kanab, UT. You can't miss the turn off - there will be a big orange sign. They give free guided tours of the sanctuary and have a large RV-friendly parking lot by their Welcome Center.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #5

we have been on us 89 throughout utah and arizona and you'll have no problems. be aware that there is us89, us89a, and az89a. all are different roads. stay on us 89!

don't know where you are going after bryce but you can continue to take us89 down to flagstaff to connect to I40. along the way is wahweap rv campground in page, az and further south is the cutoff to the south rim of the grand canyon.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #6

We've been down it several times as well. Good road. Hwy 12 out of the other side of Bryce is a bit more exciting.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow