Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2015, 04:58 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
X2 on rvtripwizzard.... Very easy to use and, if you need help you get an English speaking "owner" who responds fast.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I wondered if anyone has used this service and what they thought. Or what the most popular way to plan a trip was for everyone.
Once we pick a spot (Vermont, Smoky's, Southern Ohio...) I'll get out a calender and start plugging in pencil how many days to stay at each location for a 7 to 18 day vacation. We always reserve well ahead of time. For a two week trip (14 -16 days) we will usually stay at two different state parks for 7 days each. They might be 10 miles apart or 200 miles apart.

This summer we wanted to do Vermont, which we try to do every 3-4 years. Coming from OH. the first day will be about a 350 mile drive to a state park in NE. PA. (Worlds End State Park) for 7 nights, then up to a VT. state park for 4 nights. Then to my DW's favorite private VT. campground (Lake Dunmore Kampersville) for 7 nights. Then start back east again to another VT. State Park (Half Moon) on the western side of the state for 4 days. That will leave about a 500 mile drive back home. I try to limit my driving to 350 to 500 miles on any given day.

I have to have my vacation weeks handed in by the first week in Jan. so by the end of Feb. I have reserved the whole summer. This summer over a 9 week period we will be gone 6 weeks.

Many of the destinations we have been to before and we know exactly which campground and which campsite we'll reserve. While at that locate, during daily day trips, we'll check out other campgrounds for future trips.

I'll also gather info thru: Tripadvisor.com , YouTube videos, Flickr.com , Google, Irv2.com.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
RVParky has been a reliable app I use on my phone. Has a lot of features I like and I can filter what I want to view. It also has hyperlink to campground reviews, campground web site, and google maps for gps directions to selected campgrounds.
Best one I've found to date.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #18

We use the Good Sam Trip Planner .... this for our basic route ... and we like the mileage and fuel cost estimates ..... helps with the budget ya know .....
as well as suggested camp/rv sites .... way too easy to use ..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard