Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Travelers!

How are driving conditions on MI SR 35 between Menominee and Escanaba as an option to taking US Route 41? Looks like it would be a scenic route but is it windy (read: curvy) and can I make time with my MH and toad?
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Travelers!

How are driving conditions on MI SR 35 between Menominee and Escanaba as an option to taking US Route 41? Looks like it would be a scenic route but is it windy (read: curvy) and can I make time with my MH and toad?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I cannot answer to the specific road, but I can tell you from experience, don't make wrong turns. While following directions from our GPS, we found a road that went from paved to gravel, to dirt within a mile. The ditches on each side made it impossible to turn around. Trust me when I tell you there are things that are more fun than backing over a mile while the trailer bumper is hooked to a tow vehicle. The locals told us afterward that we were lucky to have gotten stuck where we did, because just over the next rise was a beaver dam.
qdadq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:57 AM   #4

Take 35 it's a good road however only 2 lane. There is some beautiful scenery along that route. Also some campgrounds, Wells state park just south of Cedar River. Fox Park north of Cedar River has no hookups but beautiful view of Green Bay. Used to live in Esky now in Green Bay, have traveled 35 thousands of times.

Green Bay, WI
Carr3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Hey cool....We're leaving Frankenmuth, MI and heading around the top....Going to overnight in Makinac at the KOA and then in Oconto....See ya on the road maybe...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim,

Thanks for the info. We had been up that way before but not on SR 35. I figured the scenery would be super.

Bob G.,

We'll going thru there the Wed. after Memorial Day. Watch for us.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #7

Rebelsbeach,

We will be coming down from the UP July 6 or 7th and staying at the Jellystone in Frankenmuth until July 10th

Is there anything that will entertain a couple of boys ages 8 & 6 in the area?
TJinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:31 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Gosh, it'll be my first time in the area,but I've heard some really good things about the campground alone, as far as entertaining the kids....Our daughter is nine and finishing up the thord grade,so I'm hoping all the things I've heard are true as well.

Maybe someone with a little more "local knowledge" will jump in here??

Old 05-29-2006, 04:19 AM   #9

Timely topic for me. Wife and I are leaving Thursday from Alabama. Heading to St Louis then to Wisconsin to UPI of Michigan, then out west through SD to Salt Lake to Las Vegas, to Gallup, NM and then maybe back home. Isn't retiement great?

Anyway, about the UPI. We are going to Escanaba, MI for one reason. I was in the Coast Guard (a long time ago--1959-1963) and was stationed on the Coast Guard Cutter Escanaba out of New Bedford, Mass. The ship is long gone, but since I was going to be "in the area" I might as well go to Escanaba, just because.

2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35'
Art E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:41 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Art....thank you for your service Sir, I hope the town has some "rememberance" of their namesake.

If nothing else,it'll be the chance for recreating some memories....
Old 05-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #11

Art,

You might want to check out the movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight". Jeff Daniels stars in this film.

For all you folks heading to the UP, get ready!! The mosquitos are HUNGRY and the black flies are starting! Consider yourselves warned!! Hehe!

GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax
Mooky Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote