Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
This is a great thread for me since I haven't taken even 1 long trip yet. I've been fixing up my motor home and I'm almost ready to plan my first trip over 200 miles. Thanks to all who respond here!

Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
If in Washington, a must see is Mt St Helens. A view from Johnson Observatory give you the feeling of being so very small. The power of God is overwhelming here.

Jesse & Lorria
2009 Winnebago Chalet
Watermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You have the right idea - plan your trip by the season. A few favorites:
Southern Utah (both East and West side)
Devils Tower
Skyline Drive (Spring time if you like black bears, Fall if you like follage)
Ask folks where you camp where their favorites are and modify your trip as you go.
Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
DW and I laugh because we tell everyone that I like the "Motor" part and she likes the "Home" part. I tend to think of the great parts of Canada and the U.S. that I have driven as much as the great places we have been and seen. Two outstanding drives, for me, is I-17 south from I-40 to I-10 (breathtaking) and I-8 through the bottom of CA to San Diego (I'll never forget it) .... I suggest you work the I-17 drive in so that you're going South, which is downhill ... uphill would be a killer and cost a fortune in fuel. It really doesn't matter how you work these into your trip because you will see nothing but continued wonder(s) all the way along your route. Have fun.
Tony & Yolanda / Katie & Spencer (the Doodles)
2011 Fleetwood Revolution 42W (450/1250)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Diesel) behind
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On I-8 in Imperial County Slab City....You will not believe it.

Go to Quartzsite AZ. That's worth price of admission maybe an "E" Ticket Ride @ Disneyland.
Then if you want to see some beautiful country, drive up U.S. 395 from I-15 to the Canadian Border.
Maybe go to Yosemite for some breath taking views drive up Ca SR 120 over Tioga Pass a little steep though.

If We Can't Haul It...You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
Remember "Without Truck's......America Stops" RVM129
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "Real Marines".
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC -
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by acampingwewillgo View Post
Ill just add one...but Im sure you will have plenty to choose from. Ive seen Mount Rushmore in the past BUT seeing the "Lighting Ceremony" was like seeing it for the first time all over again. This "Ceremony" is only done during the summer months I believe and its a very spectacular and moving experience. This sounds Like a Great TRIP.....Enjoy!!!!!
We were there two years ago on the summer opening nite for the Lighting Ceremoney. What with the patriotic music and the drama of the lights coming up and at the end they asked all the veterans in the audiance to come down to help strike the colors. It was as moving a ceremony as I have ever witnessed. If you like this sort of thing and get moved, bring tissues or better yet, a mop. It is great.
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Little Bighorn National Battlefield in Crow Agency, MT Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (U.S. National Park Service). We drove our 40 DP throught the battlefield stopping along the way at the historical markers.
So did we! The road is narrow and we sure scared some folks along the way.
Basil & Sue Shannon
Former Apex owner (Gary & Renee have it now)
Was Traveling Circus (2 clowns/Sage the Wonder Dog) Tent rotted. Circus folded.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Yosimite, Yosimite, Yosimite.
2009 Safari Cheetah 42 PAQ
2009 Honda CRV
tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Don't forget the Colorado Rockies and if you can handle the heights the San Juan Skyway from Ouray, Silverton, Durango,to Tellurude will take your breath away. If you have time stay in Ouray, rent a jeep and visit the old mining camps. Like someone said we have a lifetime of places to visit in this great country. Sounds like a great trip.
2005 Winnebago Vectra, 20 foot enclosed car hauler with a Mini Cooper S convertible inside, look for the big Betty Boop on the back,and two Westies Maggie and Buddy.
Catcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
One of the Hoots

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Our top RV trip choices for history, scenery, American adventure: Gettysburg, Philadelphia, Boston (history); Sedona, Arizona, Mendocino, California and Bar Harbor, Maine (scenery), the National Parks, any or all of them (American adventure).
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #25
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cue song: This land was made for you and me. I would be hard pressed to pick one "must see" site, or even one in each state.. I like to talk about some of Michigan's better locations like the Falls in the UP (Speil clunk is not up to the name of them) or the shores of Lake Michigan, or the Sand Dunes, or.. Or,,, Or.. Well it's a lovely state.

Internet TV show, "The coolest stuff on the planet" as I recall.

Got to Miro - Free, open-source music and video player. Download and install the proper version of the program and subscribe.. they tour the world, but they have covered Salem, MA and Ashville, NC I've been to Ashville.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Cue song: I like to talk about some of Michigan's better locations like the Falls in the UP (Speil clunk is not up to the name of them)
Tahquamenon Falls
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
Washington, D.C.
Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to Astoria, Or.
Death Valley
N.J. Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
Ford Super Duty Owner
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB7.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	15727 Stanley, ID

2008 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
1995 Kia Sportage Toad
Lives in South Western Idaho