Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
14 Cougar Xlite 26SAB

Asking anybody that has a Cougar Xlite 26SAB if their water pump is in the little cabinet under the electric Jbox in the back street side corner. The docking station is on the outside there. I wondering how do you get to the pump to winterize with that mess of water lines, satellite & tv cables in there.
I can barely see the pump much less get to the inlet to hook up my tube to suck antifreeze into the system. How does everyone else winterize this RV?

campnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
If it hasn't been winterize yet. It probably is to late now to worry about it. :(

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Not sure why builders do not make the water pump easily accessible. My previous trailer it was not easy. It takes a few extra gallons of pink anti-freeze but I just bypassed the water heater and dumped 6 gallons into the fresh water tank. From there pumped it thru all the lines using the water pump.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
I've never ran anti freeze thru any RV. Modern RV's use Pex tubing. Do some research on it and you'll find it can with stand sub zero temps fairly well. I just blow the lines out with my compressor, drain the hot water tank and low point valves and call it good.
When we bought our 1st TT the dealer wanted $50.00 to winterize it. They said I could watch and then I could do it myself the next time. They said all they do is blow the lines and dump some anti freeze down the traps. I never did pay the $50.00.
At this stage of winter it's almost too late to winterize. Unless you're in the north or Canada maybe. By now any damage that may happen has already happened.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Thanks anyway for the replies. Take it none of you own a 26SAB and know what I was asking. Yes it's winterized w/ antifreeze, came that way. Was just wondering if there might be someone that owned one had a clue how to get to the pump. And yes I know how to winterize an RV when the pump is accessible. Done both, antifreeze & just blowing out the lines in our 35+ yrs of RV'ing. But have never seen a screwed up mess like this one.
campnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
Did you check for an antifreeze suction line. Most trailers now have a suction line in the UDC that allows wimterizing by just turning valves properly.

I to been using air for 20 years and never paid anything for winterizing.

Barbara and Laurent, Hartland Big Country 3500RL. 39 ft long and 15500 GVW.
2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Hypertech Max Energy for Fuel mileage of 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. ScangaugeII for display..
caissiel is offline   Reply With Quote