Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #1

1992 Teton

Hello all, I must tell up front I am a newbie with the fifth wheel business.
I purchased a reasonably cheap 1992 Teton Tampa, I am not sure this was my best decision ever. After rebuilding both slideouts and removing the front cap now I have at least 20' of it brand new. So it now has Berber carpet and hardwood floors since I get to choose as I go. So as I am going broke I was wondering how big are the holding tanks ? I have 1 rear kitchen gray and a black in the middle and a gray tank in the forward (3tanks). How big could or should they be? My model has washer and dryer not plumbed into the system and dishwasher machine in the kitchen that is.
Any information on this would be helpful. Thanks, Jon

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to irv2. I'll move this to our fifth wheel section to hopefully get you an answer.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #3

I used to have a '93 Teton, rear kitchen. Fresh water tank is 70 gals. Black and Gray were 50g each. I had problems with the bedroom slide floor, rotted out due to leak on the slide rubber roof, also slide out jack screws were a pain in the A__. Other than that great coach, towed good, triple axel made for smooth ride.

John M
Former Teton owner
2000 Safari MH
greasecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #4

Dishwasher dumped into kitchen gray tank. Washer/Dryer went directly to sewer pipe, no tank. Hope this helps.
greasecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum I also have a Teton a 98 Denver 40 footer tri axle and have had to spend a lot on the floors replaced a 2 foot by 20 foot section and rebuilt the entire living roon slide bar as well as a 2 foot by 8 foot section from the rear wall forward on the kithcen slide havent got the new frlooring in yet (cork) but have replaced the ref with a residental unit fron lowes fun times but on the plus side seems to be a solid unit does have a high pin weight might want to check yours before buying a truck
Old 01-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #6

Thanks guys! I haven't really enjoyed this thing yet. I was very disturbed after bringing it home and finding the bedroom slide completely rotted. The paneling held up on my inspection but I don't think there was 1 foot of good wood in it. The roof on the upper side or bedroom has leaked into the walls and had to remove the siding and repair. And as I was digging through this thing I have found one disappointment after another. The king slide needs some repair but it doesn't look nearly as bad. I took pics of the process and the money hasn't been terribly bad . I think after all is done I may have about 12,000 invested including the purchase. Yet all of the lighting I changed to LED and berber carpet through out with hardwood flooring in laundry and kitchen. Added 20" to the restroom and installed Kohler toilet and sink in the bathroom. Replaced 60% of the paneling . Yet with double 1 inch flooring and a skirt under it and great insulated walls I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Finding this forum has been a true help though in building it to a usable condition. I found a site that sells the new siding and am thinking about changing to it and having the roof sprayed.
Thanks, Jon
Old 01-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #7

Also...I have 2 fans 1 in the laundry and 1 in the kitchen area that aren't your normal skylight fan.
Does anyone know what they are and their purpose? They are thermostatic operated.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #8

They are probably Fantastic Fans. You set the thermostat to whatever degrees you want and the fan will come on and turn off when it reaches that temp setting. Make sure you have window open to bring in fresh air. If they don't work for some reason call Fantastic fan. I had 2 of them in my 95 Teton and they sent me replacement parts and all I had to do was pay shipping.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #9

Thank you!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #10

If you are gong to do major roof work and are thinking of replacing it, the only place I would recommend for spray on coating is rvroof.com Their process is specific to RVs and is experience based. A regular linex type coating has issues with adhesion on some of the roof components. Research this area carefully. All products are not equal. I have nothing to do with this company.