Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #1

1994 Alpha Gold anyone owned one? had experience with one?

Hi,
New to the forums. A friend at church has a 1994 Alpha Gold two slides he bought 18 years ago. Has double frig ice maker corian counter tops 4 awnings etc. We are new to this was wondering what anyone thought of these trailers?
any where i can get info on them pictures layout etc. its model 32rl.i guess this trailer sold new for around 60k said he would let us have it for 3500.00.

Thank you!
desertratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Never owned one, but when I was shopping in 1994 the alpha gold was on top of my list. Why? Heavier than needed tires, wheels an axles, storage, quality of construction ,ect. It had more luxury than I needed and the price was higher than what I bought. My 27sl Alpenlite has much the same construction and I still love it. My rig is worth $10,000.00. I have a neighbor that has one the same year and he loves it. The exterior is probably dull and that will shine like new with a poli-glo application. If there is no major water damage or leaking roof, I would jump on it quick.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Had a 97 alfa ideal 29rl with 2 sides, liked it enough to get an 07 alfa gold 30rl with 2 slides. We love it and are fulltiming in it. As oldbeek said, if no major water damage or leaking roof/windows, they are a good unit and the price is very reasonable depending on condition. If you have any specific questions, PM me and I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #4

Folks thank you for your input. I plan to look at it this weekend. anyone has any pictures would be much appreciated i cant find much anything. Or a layout
or brochure.

Many thanks!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
desertratt,
I did a search on yahoo for 94 alfa gold 32rl and the closest that I came was a 98 on Mohave.craigslist.org > for sale > rvs-by owner It has pictures and although it won't be exact, it will give you a similar floorplan, and at least you will have an idea what you are going to look at.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #6

What model is it? If you go to Google and click on Images and search for '94 alfa gold 32rl' you will see all kinds of pictures, floor plans, etc. If it is a different model, substitute model numbers...

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #7

Hi ,
Thanks for the idea i did that i didn't see one 1994 Alfa Gold 32rl.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #8

looked at the alpha today...

Hi,
Well i looked at the alfa today and overall in good condition. No leaks roof was in good condition. It has a fiberglass ribbed sides to it and are some stress cracks in some places. Anyone had any experience with repairing them?
It also has an inverter with 4 batteries which i am sure i will need to replace all of them. Has the typical sticker fading etc but i think i can spruce it up. Oh and tires will need tires it has michelains on it and suggestions on tires they are 245/75/16. Oh and we settled on 3200.00. So i am fairly reasonable and get to try this out and can go from there. I have a cummins 2001 2500 and it is setup with hitch. Appreciate everyone's input.