Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #1

2008 Cameo 35SB3 Slide Question

Has anyone else had a problem with their main slides on a Cameo. I have been unable to find anyone who can fix mine. When we close them the top of both main slides make contacy with the main body of the trailer but the lower part of the slide is still out at least three inches and maybe a little more. I have had several rv repair shops try to fix them but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can take it to get it repaired properly? It is a 2008 Cameo 35sb3
retiredwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with a solution.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hope you get your problem solved! Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #4

first we are glad yall joined us. not sure where you are right now so cant tell you where to take it. but might be able to help you fix it. under the Rv you will find 2 motors they need to be adjusted to allow the side to come in. I had to do this one on a 5ther. lets us know where you are or PM me on here
Thornhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #6

Thanks David. Since I'm not very mechanicly inclined I'd rather have someone else fix it. I am about 70 miles Northwest of Austin, TX. Thinking about taking the 5er to Camping World in New Braunfels, TX to see they can fix it. They're about 100 miles from me. And thanks to everyone for the welcome to the forum.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredwa View Post
Thanks David. Since I'm not very mechanicly inclined I'd rather have someone else fix it. I am about 70 miles Northwest of Austin, TX. Thinking about taking the 5er to Camping World in New Braunfels, TX to see they can fix it. They're about 100 miles from me. And thanks to everyone for the welcome to the forum.
Will welcome to the forum first.

Now I am not sure about the Camping World near you but most of them do not have a good reputation for their service department. I would try to find a local shop in the area such as a small home town RV dealer. Then do a review of this store on the internet. I have down this with both of my older 5er's that needed service since the selling dealers for those models was more than 2 hours from me for service.

Jim W.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #8

Looks as though there are a lot of good helpful folks on this Forum. Thanks to all of you. Glad to be part of it. And Jim you're right there are some bad reviews on the Camping World near me too. Just haven't had any luck at any of the small hometown dealerships either. Guess they don't want to pay the price of a good mechanic. I've found they can talk a good story but can't produce good results. Just call me Stumped!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #9

Looks like only thing left for you then is to take it to CW and I hate to say that \. First ask them if they can fix it then tell them they don't you don't pay wish it would work like that
Thornhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Explore USA sold carriage maybe they can repair.
Finding quality rv tech is a pain.
Good luck let us know what you find out.

There is a carriage life style forum too.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:55 AM   #11

Thanks Tumble Weed
ExploreUSA in Boerne, TX was where it was first purchased. I took it back there the first time what a fiasco that was. There three months and not fixed. Then tried Texas Star RV in Hearn, TX. No better there either. Went to pick it up and Frank the owner rushed us out the door telling us that he didn't have time to talk to us as he had to leave and help his partner move his partner's son. Frank was the one who supposedly worked on it???????
Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredwa View Post
Thanks Tumble Weed
ExploreUSA in Boerne, TX was where it was first purchased. I took it back there the first time what a fiasco that was. There three months and not fixed. Then tried Texas Star RV in Hearn, TX. No better there either. Went to pick it up and Frank the owner rushed us out the door telling us that he didn't have time to talk to us as he had to leave and help his partner move his partner's son. Frank was the one who supposedly worked on it???????
It's hard to find a good RV tech. You can find one but finding a good one..
Good luck wish I knew someone close to you.
Have you gone to this forum? Go there and post your question some very knowledgeable folks.
Carriage Lifestyle Owners Club & Forum • Index page
Old 02-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rvservicereviews.com
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote