Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
M2D

2008 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 FKTG

I have just seen a new listing on Craigslist for a 2008 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 FKTG.

It has Michelin tires that were new in 2012 and other maintenance that is up to date. It has two A/c but does not specifically say it has thermo pane windows so I sent a message asking about it.

They would also like to sell their 2002 Ford 350 Dually diesel. In the pictures both the truck and trailer look to be in excellent shape.

We are are thinking more of a new truck and have been shopping for one.
The truck is available as a package with the trailer or on its own.

In the pictures it all looks to be very well cared for. To be perfectly honest I prefer the "dated" look of the golden oak cabinets to the dark stuff I see for sale in new units.

Would any of you have advice or comments on such a unit?

Thanks,

M2D

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
if you are serious, get the seller to agree to let you take EACH to a reputable dealer for a thorough inspection. WRT the truck, get a Ford dealer to run an OASIS report, you'll need the vehicles VIN for that. This report shows work performed by Ford whether recalls or repairs. Also get the commercially available report (forget what it is called - fax something or other)

CYA is the name of the game.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
M2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
if you are serious, get the seller to agree to let you take EACH to a reputable dealer for a thorough inspection. WRT the truck, get a Ford dealer to run an OASIS report, you'll need the vehicles VIN for that. This report shows work performed by Ford whether recalls or repairs. Also get the commercially available report (forget what it is called - fax something or other)

CYA is the name of the game.
Will certainly do as you suggest. I have made the acquaintance of a well thought of RV repair service in the area. I have already asked them about having them do an inspection of any trailer I might find.

I have a trusted auto mechanic of long standing who can help me with other suggestions regarding the truck. We know someone in the Ford organization who can help us with the Oasis report. I have not heard of that before you mentioned it. Thank you so much!

M2D
Old 08-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #4

I can only take about the Hitchhiker. That is a very well built (solid) 5er. I have a friend that has a 2004. It is small on the outside but with 3 slides makes a nice living area. I do not know about the windows...I woukd just guess they are not dual pane. But I know that on the chilly Jan. north Florida days that my friends rig stays warm with a single electric heater. That makes me think for the most part, that they are well insulated.

If I had this trailer I would tow it with a SRW 1 ton truck.