Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #1

2009 Landmark Pinehurst

We are about to bite the bullet and purchase a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst. The trailer itself seems to be in mint condition and the price is very good.

Does anyone have any experience with the Landmark line? Good or Bad!

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition (Loaded and then some)
djkarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
We have a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon and love it!

What questions do you have? Are you on the Heartland Owners Forum ? This is a free forum that has answers to any question or issue that you have.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #3

We own 2012 key largo, have had small issues like any other unit. But, we really love it, soon it will be our retirement home
ranchodlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #4

We "upgraded" to a 2013 Landmark San Antonio and feel it was a landmark mistake. Numerous problems & the overall quality just has not been what we expected in respect to how much more expensive it was. Just so regret our decision.
Gee gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Gee gee, have you been in contact with your dealer or Heartland? Heartland customer service has a very good record of helping people with issues and can send you to another repair shop if necessary.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #6

Specifically, I would like to know about the reliability of the slide systems and landing gear.

To me these units seem to be of a very high quality and other than Gee gee's comments I have not seen a lot of negative comments around the Landmark line.

As well, what sort of "real" dry weights are people's units? Have you actually gone over a scale with them?

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition (Loaded and then some)
djkarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkarau View Post
Specifically, I would like to know about the reliability of the slide systems and landing gear.

To me these units seem to be of a very high quality and other than Gee gee's comments I have not seen a lot of negative comments around the Landmark line.

As well, what sort of "real" dry weights are people's units? Have you actually gone over a scale with them?

Here is another positive comment about the Landmark. It is our second Heartland product.

All manufacturers can make a bad one. It is sad but true. I can tell you from personal experience the reason why we ultimately chose a second Heartland is because of their customer service. Whether it is needed or not, it sure is nice to know it is there.

As far as the slides and landing gear-the rear slides are hydraulic Lippert and the front slide is electric B-A-L. No problems with either.

I have the Level Up system which is Lippert. I have had a few issues with the system but all taken care of by Lippert-and very fast.

Not really sure what you consider dry weight. I did not weigh mine before we added our "stuff" to it. The unit came with both 40lb bottles full. I am very close to 15000lb loaded with food, clothes etc but that really doesn't tell you how much we carry. I do not carry water with us -or not enough to make a difference.
Here is a link to the new LM specs.
http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.ph...=LM&view=specs

On the HL forum I see where you said you are going to pull it with a 1 ton SRW. I pulled mine for a few thousands miles with the same set up only mine was a 2010. No problems but it was time for a new truck anyway so I bought a dually.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #8

I have a Landmark Rushmore 2011. I pull it with a 2012 Ford F-350 Diesel. I love the self-level system although, sometimes you have to turn off the power to reset it. I am a full timer with a 140 pound Rottie that holds down the back seat . I like both the Rig and the truck. The truck has a factory exhaust brake that works with the tow/haul selector on. No major problems with the rig but the King Mattress could be better.
Jimwelch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #9

I have the 2009 Big Country, at 12400 dry and 15500 lbs capacity I tow it well with my 2005 F250, but I am maxed out. These units are a dream to tow, might just be the best in the industry, the fronts and lowered frame glides through the air much better then our 12k previous unit. The 7k axles are a plus with all hearthland products and road friction is great with 110lbs in the tires.
1. check for G tires, and not replaced with E load tires, in 2009 we had G rated ones, check for any signs basement water leaks, check brakes, and if bad someone did not lub the axles properly. I just mentioned my experiences everything else is good.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
We towed our '09 Bighorn with a GMC 2500, with Duramax and Allison. The truck had an Edge programmer and pulled the trailer with ease. The tow/haul mode on the tranny took most of the issues out of going downhill, but with the present rig, Landmark Grand Canyon and Dodge 3500 DRW with the factory exhaust brake and tow/haul on the transmission, takes ALL the issues out of the mountains!

I had nitrogen put into the trailer tires. One of the main differences is that the tires run completely cool on the highway, so if there is a problem with underinflation, a bad wheel bearing, or anything else that would cause the tire to get hot, it would be instantly noticed. Thinking about having the truck tires done next.