Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
5er cover's

It has been a long time since I have been here alot of good info to be had. My question's is to anyone are these frabric covers do what they are claming to do, are they a pain to get on and off and do they last??? We are in the works of getting a new to us 2005 North Shore 25 RK and just looking for a way to help keep it in great shape.

97 F-350 CC LB 4x4 Auto DN Piped Kitty no more Straight Piped 2005 North Shore 5th Wheel
metalbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2, metalbender. We're glad to have you here.

If you do a search of the Forums for "rv cover" you'll find several threads discussing these items. For me, even though ours didn't hold up well, it saved UV & elements exposure to our RV during winter storage. I would not bother with a cover if you are just between trips, but for long-term, they do work. Yes, they are heavy, bulky & you wrestle a lot getting them on & off, but once you've done it a couple times, you develop a system to make it, at least, manageable.

Take a look at the ADCO cover photos in my albums (click on the link in my sig) for the issues we had after the 1st season using one.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
The biggest problem I had with the cover was to get if off when it was still frozen onto the trailer. Can't use it if you live in snow country and you plan on going on a winter trip down south...
Ed J - Summer->Vestal, NY Winter->Melbourne, FL
1999 Dodge 2500 diesel, 6-spd manual
2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329RSB
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ed, ya gotta get out of here before the snow gets that deep, like mid Oct. / 1 Nov. at the latest.
'4? Wife Lynda
'08 F450 PSD CREW
'08 Newmar Cypress 36LKSH
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Originally Posted by ParTheCourse View Post
Ed, ya gotta get out of here before the snow gets that deep, like mid Oct. / 1 Nov. at the latest.
I hear you.... I had the cover for the trailer before I retired and could only get away for a few weeks vacation in the Winter..... But, I found that it did not take much snow to freeze the cover to the trailer. The cover is not water proof. This is so it can 'breathe' and let the moisture out. But if it rains/freezes or snows/melts/freezes, the result is the same. The cover freezes to the trailer.
Ed J - Summer->Vestal, NY Winter->Melbourne, FL
1999 Dodge 2500 diesel, 6-spd manual
2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329RSB
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
The ADCO covers I find are fragile if you don't pad anything that comes close to a point or fairly sharp radius. They can be very heavy depending on length of trailer and awkward to install if you have much more then an a/c and 2-3 vents. I have 5 vents, an a/c, a rack and two 24x48 inch solar panels.

Now with that said, they do work for my needs, but it goes on in Nov and off a week or so before the first spring outing. It's a minimum 90 minute install on my 5er regardless of their advertising. The less expensive one, IMHO, works best for the rust belt part of the country.

Dave W

Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is online now   Reply With Quote