Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #29

Well, I made the plunge and bought a hitch and the RV. I thank everyone for the input. I bought a Reese R20, product # 30867. It is rated for 20,000 pounds. Here is an instructional link for those interested:

Reese R20 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch - Serrated Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs Reese Fifth Wheel RP30867

I also had installed a Reese Fifth Wheel Slider.

Here are pictures of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	55140

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	55141

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressKat View Post
Well, I made the plunge and bought a hitch and the RV. I thank everyone for the input. I bought a Reese R20, product # 30867. It is rated for 20,000 pounds. Here is an instructional link for those interested: Reese R20 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch - Serrated Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs Reese Fifth Wheel RP30867 I also had installed a Reese Fifth Wheel Slider. Here are pictures of them.
Be sure to give it a tug test when you hook up to it. It could save your pickup bed or prevent an accident.
Happy camping

Old 02-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #31
BFS

I am new to this forium and have a comment about the DEMCO-HiJACKER that is installed on my 2011 F250, 6.7.
I have been using it now for about a year, couple trips to Florida, etc. Have talked to their customer service dept several times. I am told to try adjusting this and that, but still have the same problems, which are jurking when stoping and going. I have a 2013 Heartland Big Country, approx 12000 lbs.
For what it's worth, I would not buy another hitch like this. I have the short bed and was told I needed this type of hitch, which moves the trailer away from the cab when turning. That part works well.
Frank
Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFS View Post
I am new to this forium and have a comment about the DEMCO-HiJACKER that is installed on my 2011 F250, 6.7. I have been using it now for about a year, couple trips to Florida, etc. Have talked to their customer service dept several times. I am told to try adjusting this and that, but still have the same problems, which are jurking when stoping and going. I have a 2013 Heartland Big Country, approx 12000 lbs. For what it's worth, I would not buy another hitch like this. I have the short bed and was told I needed this type of hitch, which moves the trailer away from the cab when turning. That part works well. Frank
I work in the oilfield , we have a mixed fleet of HD pickups. My company only uses B&W products for towing gear. Most are the Turnover Ball gooseneck hitches. We overload and beat this pickups pretty regular. We have never had a failure or issue with any of their products.
When it came time for me to purchase a fifth wheel set up it was a no brainer. I purchased the Turnover Ball gooseneck package with a Companion slider. No issues with my set up. I figured if B&W could take this oilfield abuse it was good enough for me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-551127086.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	439.4 KB
ID:	55191   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3964212593.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	55192  

Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressKat View Post
Well, I made the plunge and bought a hitch and the RV. I thank everyone for the input. I bought a Reese R20, product # 30867. It is rated for 20,000 pounds. Here is an instructional link for those interested:

Reese R20 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch - Serrated Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs Reese Fifth Wheel RP30867

I also had installed a Reese Fifth Wheel Slider.

Here are pictures of them.

Attachment 55140
Attachment 55141

I think you done well, that's a good looking hitch. I had great luck with my Reese for the past 8 years, though style was different than yours.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
I had a B&W Turnover ball and Companion in my Chevy and loved it. When I bought my Ford, I got the OEM Companion for the factory 5th wheel prep. Hitch goes in and comes out in under 2 minutes. I use my truck daily at work and a clean bed is mandatory for me. Between the 5th Airborne pin box, Ride Rite air bags, and B&W hitch, we get no bucking or chucking except on the very worst of bumps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2165.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	55208  
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #35

Did you see a Dodge dealer about their factory options? I think they offer a 25k hitch which is very nice!

Tags
5th wheel