Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #1

5TH WHEEL rear jack's

Bought a 5er not home yet but want to make a rear jack up down screw for the 18volt drill what size socket will I need for a Forest River Cedar Creek Jack???????

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #2

First, please remember they are NOT jacks, but stabilizers. Sorry I would have to go out and measure, but I seem to think it is 3/4. It is simple to make, simply go to Sears and buy a 3/8 X 6 inch extension and cut the socket end off and you will be able to attach the appropriate socket to it easily. If you have the ability to do some grinding, you can mark off three equal flats and grind them down so the drill does not spin on the extension.

450Donn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. Don 3/4" I will make up a tool to-day and I know the term (jack's) was used but should have been as You said stablizer not jack's...LOL...Bushman
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #4

An aside to this is:
Keep the screw threads and nut clean and dry. Never use oil or grease because it attracts/holds dirt and sand, which together make a crude grinding compound. I use DriSlide lubricant, it sprays on wet, then the carrier dries, leaving a dry film of molybdenum lubricant.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #5

Thanks for the tip Ray I agree about Your post 100%OIL AND SAND AND DIRT DO MAKE A CUTTING COMPOUND sorry cap lock was on...again thank's John
Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
AMSOIL MP Heavey Duty Metal Protector is great for this also. You can also use it on the slideout glides/gear trane. It doesn't attract dirt and stays where you put it.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #7

Where do You find amsoil I never see it in the box store's..But I will look around for some and try it ,It's been around a long time I just have never used it...John and thanks for the tip...We pick up the new to Us 5er at 9:00 to-day so must leave to go get it
Old 06-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you can't find it in the stores then check right here:
AMSOIL - Synthetic Oil, Motor and Engine Oil, Lubricants, Air Filters, Oil Filters and Greases You can order it on line and depending on where you live you may be able to pick it up at the local AMSOIL depo.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #9

superjewl I looked all over the amsoil website and cannot locate that product, where is it?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry, it's under Maintenance, then Protectants.