Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2015, 12:37 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
r___r's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,325
Looks good!

Hope your in the clear of the codes and complaints.

Rich
__________________

__________________
Rich & Patricia
00 F350 7.3L___89 Terry Resort 25.5
___03 Klamath 30hp

r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 12:50 AM   #44
Community Administrator
 
JohnRR's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marquette, Michigan "Da UP"
Posts: 16,944
It certainly looks like it will get the job done
__________________

__________________
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 14 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Nope, the chemisty is different. Black tires/black asphalt. Concrete is gray or white, which I believe is causing the problem. This wear problem on concrete might, just might, be alleviated by painting the tires grey.
Recycling of waste tire rubber in asphalt and portland cement concrete: An overview
The rubberized asphalt mixtures also have shown good compatibility with two widely used sustainability technologies in asphalt paving industry reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) and warm-mix asphalt (WMA). In comparison with its use in asphalt paving mixtures, recycling of waste rubber in Portland cement concrete has not been so successful due to two factors: (1) incompatibility in chemical property between rubber and cement paste and (2) the significant difference in stiffness resulting in stress concentrations. Various methods have been proposed to overcome the barriers to improve the performance of rubberized portland cement concrete, some of which have shown to be promising.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #46
Member
 
PDXDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks everyone for commenting. Code wise from what I found out there is not an issue unless a neighbor complains. I went to my neighbors and talked to them about what I wanted to do and they were all good with it so I am confident all will be good. I am really glad it almost done, I plan on going out this weekend to get the concrete I need and two more 6' fence posts to finish the front chain link fencing and gates.

As for the rubber tires on concrete issue that is blasting around this thread is concerned....I am going to get a couple of 2X10's to lay out to separate the tires from the crushed concrete. That should take care of that.
__________________
PDXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #47
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 74
How is that anchored to the ground? I like the look of that and install seems quick. Not sure if it would be snow rated for where I live but it looks good. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXDave View Post
Thanks everyone for commenting. Code wise from what I found out there is not an issue unless a neighbor complains. I went to my neighbors and talked to them about what I wanted to do and they were all good with it so I am confident all will be good. I am really glad it almost done, I plan on going out this weekend to get the concrete I need and two more 6' fence posts to finish the front chain link fencing and gates.

As for the rubber tires on concrete issue that is blasting around this thread is concerned....I am going to get a couple of 2X10's to lay out to separate the tires from the crushed concrete. That should take care of that.
You might take a look at hard outdoor rubber mats. This is one source but I'm sure there are many others.
__________________
John (N6BER), Joyce, Lucas (Golden Retriever mix), Bella (Great Pyrenees) and Lance (Great Pyrenees).
Tustin, CA
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #49
Member
 
PDXDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
How is that anchored to the ground? I like the look of that and install seems quick. Not sure if it would be snow rated for where I live but it looks good. Thanks for sharing.
There were two options:

1. Cork screw in anchors to the tune of $250 or:

2. 2' long rebar stakes - price FREE.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
You might take a look at hard outdoor rubber mats. This is one source but I'm sure there are many others.

Thanks Timon
__________________
PDXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Thunderfoot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
You might take a look at hard outdoor rubber mats. This is one source but I'm sure there are many others.


PDXDave, another good source for sturdy rubber mats is Tractor Supply or any large feed or ranch supply store. The mats are used in horse stalls, etc and come in various sizes. Your RV's new "home" looks great!
__________________
'98 Signature 42' Classic Suite purchased July 2000
Toads: (4 down) Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy 2500HD 4x4, or Scout Terra
Trailers: 28' HRC Stacker, 24' Look; contents vary per trip
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
wingnut60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherever the Suites is
Posts: 2,986
Gordon,
My comment was sort of tongue-in-cheek, not serious.
And I find it intriguing that someone would actually expect mixing waste rubber into cement would be beneficial, unless looking for softer cement...
Lot of advancements in Portland mixes over the years, but don't think adding asphalt is going in the right direction.
Joe
__________________
'15 38RSSA Mobile Suites
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
'17 F450--trying one more Ford
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Gordon,
My comment was sort of tongue-in-cheek, not serious.
And I find it intriguing that someone would actually expect mixing waste rubber into cement would be beneficial, unless looking for softer cement...
Lot of advancements in Portland mixes over the years, but don't think adding asphalt is going in the right direction.
Joe
Hi Joe;
Recognized the comment was not serious and actually chuckled. But there were a lot of comments about driving on concrete so how can parking on concrete be bad. Driving on concrete the entire tire is affected the same way. Parking on concrete has one section that is subjected to the adverse affects.

While it may not make much difference it is very easy (and cheap) to take preventive action and avoid the potential problem rather than having to deal with it.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #53
Member
 
PDXDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks for your replies everyone. I am quite pleased with how the project turned out.
__________________
PDXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #54
Junior Member
 
loulyn147602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14
Nice looking area. My parking area is 110' from the house, so I just run a garden hose out to the trailer, along with a cable for the television. It works just fine, I just have to reel them in to the side of the house before I mow. The City Sewage Treatment Plant lets residence empty our grey and black tanks for free, so if we use the trailer in the yard, I just run it over there to empty it.
I park on my driveway, and built a 12'X16' deck, with a fireplace that we use pretty regularly during the summer. I just run a 20 amp service from the house to the trailer, unless I want A/C, then we use a generator. I'd love the money for a cover, but can't swing that. You have a good looking set up though, good work.
__________________
LynLou
2003 Duramax
2010 CrossRoads Cruiser
loulyn147602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #55
Member
 
PDXDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulyn147602 View Post
Nice looking area. My parking area is 110' from the house, so I just run a garden hose out to the trailer, along with a cable for the television. It works just fine, I just have to reel them in to the side of the house before I mow. The City Sewage Treatment Plant lets residence empty our grey and black tanks for free, so if we use the trailer in the yard, I just run it over there to empty it.
I park on my driveway, and built a 12'X16' deck, with a fireplace that we use pretty regularly during the summer. I just run a 20 amp service from the house to the trailer, unless I want A/C, then we use a generator. I'd love the money for a cover, but can't swing that. You have a good looking set up though, good work.

Thanks! It's only missing the front gates and it will be done. The weather turned around on us and is slowing things down just a little bit but I will have the rest of the gates and fencing up before too long.
__________________

__________________
PDXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5th wheel



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th wheel hitch recommendations Bruce A 5th Wheel Discussion 18 03-08-2015 11:18 AM
Who is towing a 5th wheel with a 1/2 ton? ykcamom Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 22 01-07-2015 02:11 PM
Ultra-Fab Trailair v. MOR/ryde 5th Wheel King Pin Box 7.3diesel 5th Wheel Discussion 7 10-03-2014 11:16 AM
From 5th wheel to Navion IQ ajlcal Class C Motorhome Discussions 4 02-18-2014 08:45 PM
Making the switch to a 5th wheel fishermark 5th Wheel Discussion 52 12-31-2013 08:10 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.