Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #1

I own a 2005 fiver, purchased Jun 05. I will first state the dealer has taken care of all repairs. Should this list of repairs tell me something about the fiver.
1. Replace day/night shade
2. Loose molding on DR table/to be replaced.
3. Cover for range will not close completely.
4. TV antenna will not rotate 360.
5. Molding loose by entry door.
6. 2 sets of cabinet doors need adjusting.
7. Slide out seals do not open in same direction.
8. Manufacturer has to replace one whole side wall of the fiver. Delamination I suspect, but they have not said what it is.
9. Protuding lump in bathtub. Tub pulled and plumbing rerouted.
10. epdm roof has loose skin. ripples appearing.
What do you think?
PaulTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #2

I own a 2005 fiver, purchased Jun 05. I will first state the dealer has taken care of all repairs. Should this list of repairs tell me something about the fiver.
1. Replace day/night shade
2. Loose molding on DR table/to be replaced.
3. Cover for range will not close completely.
4. TV antenna will not rotate 360.
5. Molding loose by entry door.
6. 2 sets of cabinet doors need adjusting.
7. Slide out seals do not open in same direction.
8. Manufacturer has to replace one whole side wall of the fiver. Delamination I suspect, but they have not said what it is.
9. Protuding lump in bathtub. Tub pulled and plumbing rerouted.
10. epdm roof has loose skin. ripples appearing.
What do you think?
PaulTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Is this punch list yours or the dealers?
If the dealer caught this stuff, they are doing better than most. Most MFGs are using dealers as quality control and repair so this kind of list is not unusual. Nos 8-10 are serious and reflect problems in the structure. As for no 7 it seems that slides have thier own set of problems - usually with the seals. I am not sure what you mean by the seals don't open in the same direction.

I would ask for extended warranty on the unit esp on the replaced side panel. I would also be looking at your state's Lemon Laws in case it spends more time in the shop than on the road.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #4

A delam this quick is not a good thing but if the wall is to be replaced that should end that.

The rest of the gig list is what I would expect for the most part.

AC
AlCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #5

I would sure be looking at the other side for delamination - - it was probably made at the same time as this one and probably has the same problems. That is serious. And, as previously stated, 8 - 10 are serious. Keep good notes, time, dates, who you talked to - - build a story. You may not need it - - but you may.
Bob