Originally Posted by northern boy
Thanks for the reply and will wait for you inspection on # of rollers. That is a good idea on aluminum strips for rollers to roll on and less resistance. I will have to do that mod. Unit is in repair shop under warranty and I will pursue with dealer. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
This is a photo (poor!!) of what I did on the Titanium. I used .125 thick aluminum plate, SS countersunk screws along with silicone sealant. I don't recall the width of the strip, but it was about an inch wider then the rollers, i.e. 6", so the screws wouldn't be in the screw path. You could probably use a bit thinner material, but the Glendale OEM fix was 1/8" and used a full coverage plate (if it was a warranty fix) which was too heavy and not necessary. It is a very easy DIY project, but it does take some time and a few bucks (S25 or so) to purchase, layout, drill and install the strips. The slide does have to be jacked up about a quarter inch to locate the strips, but that's easily done - I used a scissors jack and a 2x4 wood 'T' to distribute the load though a hydraulic jack would work but it's not as easy to control the lift
This was done in 2010 so details are a bit hazy so take any measurements as a best estimate even with the photo showing some numbers
Edit: don't put screw holes where you can't install screws (and you can guess why I know that)