Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB7R View Post
They repaired everything (as much as they could without completely rebuilding the slide wall) and resealed around the top, bottom and around the windows. The wave is still there but there should not be a problem with further water intrusion to make things worse. He asked what we would like to do. We said thanks but we did not want to spend that kind of money and take a chance that the existing delamination could expand....
Smart decision. Delamination never gets better. The underlaying wood is rotted and will continue to deteriorate leading to further delamination. One wonder if the dealership had addressed the issue when they first took it in, if the delam would of occurred.
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
Most of the used RV's we've seen at dealers are junk. When defects are pointed out, the response is; "oh we'll fix that" . Well why don't you fix it before offering it for sale ? Especially roof issues that if left unrepaired, lead to big problems very quickly. Most of them are parked out in rear 40 with no access to electricity. Batteries are missing or dead as a doornail so one can't check anything. From the times I've traded our previous rigs, the dealership does a quick once over taking less than 5 minutes. Never had anyone even climb up on the roof.
That is exactly what I said to my wife. All almost all the used rigs we've looked at through dealers have had some sort of outside issue. Oh...we'll make sure that's fixed before it's delivered.....BS. You should have fixed it before listing it for sale idiot! Not rocket science! :( Oh well......the search process started out to be fun but has really become an exercise in disappointments.

We looked at a new TT by ORV....27ft Blackstone Titanium. Very nice inside and they tried to work the price but I told them look....my budget it $50K. They got to 51,500 out the door......but could not get to 50. Oh well....they lost a sale for $1,500. Probably just as well. Really just not enough storage outside thought the inside was nice.
AB7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #17

Quote:
That is exactly what I said to my wife. All almost all the used rigs we've looked at through dealers have had some sort of outside issue. Oh...we'll make sure that's fixed before it's delivered.....BS. You should have fixed it before listing it for sale idiot! Not rocket science! :( Oh well......the search process started out to be fun but has really become an exercise in disappointments.

We looked at a new TT by ORV....27ft Blackstone Titanium. Very nice inside and they tried to work the price but I told them look....my budget it $50K. They got to 51,500 out the door......but could not get to 50. Oh well....they lost a sale for $1,500. Probably just as well. Really just not enough storage outside thought the inside was nice.
Which model was that?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #18

Blackstone

It was the Blackstone Titanium 270RKS
Old 01-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #19

Quote:
It was the Blackstone Titanium 270RKS
Ok. I see Apache in Everett has a 270RKS Mountain Series for $41,995. I see a Titanium for $51,995.
Without searching hard I'm not sure what the Titanium has that's worth $10,000 more. FWIW.
Other than design there really isn't much more that catches the eye.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #20

Have you searched out Arctic Fox? One of the best mfgs around.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #21

Titanium version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Ok. I see Apache in Everett has a 270RKS Mountain Series for $41,995. I see a Titanium for $51,995.
Without searching hard I'm not sure what the Titanium has that's worth $10,000 more. FWIW.
Other than design there really isn't much more that catches the eye.
For a guy....I can agree. The build quality is the same on both. But the inside has some nice improvements that wows the DW.......:(

I would have gone for it if they came down to $50 otd.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #22

AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Have you searched out Arctic Fox? One of the best mfgs around.
I agree. Wife does not like their floor plans at all....especially when contemplating full time use. I did almost get her to bite on a 29-5K once.....but she changed her mind.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #23

Quote:
For a guy....I can agree. The build quality is the same on both. But the inside has some nice improvements that wows the DW.......:(

Give it a week and call them back. Maybe they'd split the difference.
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree, ORV has more variety / shorter floorplans than AF. In ORV's Back Country series I like their Black Rock 24KTS, or Creekside 23BHS. In the AF series we like the 25w.

Was at the Cleveland RV show last night and the only RV trailer even a chance of buying would be the Highland Ridge Lite LT221RQB. Rear bed slide plus two more slides in a 26' unit. It's a funky floorplan, but it would work for us. Problem is since its an odd ball floorplan my local dealer will never have one on the lot. May have to travel to MI. to see one or out west to see the ORV line.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottoys View Post
We got tired of looking at used junk. We sat down and figured out how we wanted to use our next trailer, what was important, what wasn't important and went shopping from there. We will never go full-time so a top of the line rig wasn't required, wanted good solid construction we could pull 5-6,000 miles a year without problems. As much as a fancy full body paint rig looks impressive, we don't care to impress. We looked at a Cedar Creek 36CKTS (their best seller) and kept going back to it for a lot of reasons. Finally bought one and at this point we couldn't be happier. It has everything we wanted. As experienced RVers we pretty much knew what we were looking at and hope this will last the rest of our RV days and it came with new appliances, a new mattress and all the other things including a warranty that a new RV has. Many of those things are more important to my lovely wife than they are to me. JMHO
I echo this...to the point of selecting the same trailer. After visiting RV shows and scouring RVTrader.com for months we kept coming back to the 36ckts. We also couldn't be happier!

Cedar Creek does not laminate the walls so no possible de-lamination.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
I echo this...to the point of selecting the same trailer. After visiting RV shows and scouring RVTrader.com for months we kept coming back to the 36ckts. We also couldn't be happier!

Cedar Creek does not laminate the walls so no possible de-lamination.
How are the walls done? Similar to Grand Design with vacuum bonding?
Old 01-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #27

Quote:

You let the deal go for $50? $50 is so little when talking $51,000. They would have had my money if that is what I wanted after looking for a long time.

$50 won't even fill a gas tank anymore. You should go get that trailer.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #28

Quote:
How are the walls done? Similar to Grand Design with vacuum bonding?

About 6 min into the video thay talk about sidewall construction.

Last March I bought mine for $42.5k from a private party. If you can find one "gently used" there is a lot of room for upgrades before you reach your $50k budget.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote