Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #15

Never less than 25%. It really depends on how long the dealer has had the unit on the lot. Some get lucky with 30%. I got extremely lucky and found one out of state with 35% off. Didn't have everything I wanted on it. But will just add later. Couldn't pass up the price. It did have the major things like Full body paint for the DW, and 8000lb axles with Disk brakes for me.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #16

Don there are only 3-4 in stock on dealer lots..at least those who list with RV trader. Go on RV trader and you can find them and use the pricing information to negotiate with the dealer in Kyle. If your planning on staying out for any length of time, I would recommend getting a residential fridge too. The one in Kyle doesn't have a residential fridge, but they can install one for you. They'll have to add an inverter for it, but again if you plan on staying out or fulltiming some...you'll want it. The dealer in Kansas has one with a residential fridge for you to see. I have a Tesla 3950 and the dealer changed out the fridge for us...just depends on who your dealer is. Some won't do it.
We almost went with the Alfa too, but I just wanted more space...it's a trade off either way.
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #17

We were at the RV show in Wichita, KS this weekend and Kansas RV Center had the Alfa Gold 3905SH with the motorcycle garage on display there. We have been looking at toy haulers and though this is not toy hauler with lots of toy room, we liked it. Husband really liked the motorcycle lift system because didn't have to worry about backing the Harley down the steep toy hauler ramps. Lifestyle is rated for full time living and I really like the in house built frame. We looked at this unit for a good hour and liked the floor plan, except where the kitchen sink was. Its at the corner where the frig is so if I were using the sink and Gary wanted a beer I would have to move, not good.

We felt that of the different toy hauler we have looked at, this one has the quality we are looking for. But the Alfa Gold is a very different type toy hauler with only a small garage, but you gain more living space. Its really making us rethink whats going to be important to us for our full time adventure in 4 years.

They had this listed at 109K MSRP and show price at 83K and I really liked the salesmen, Oliver Breiner, that was showing us the stuff on this rig. They didn't want to sell this one, they like using this one as a demo and order one if some one wants to buy. He said it takes 18 weeks.

I think this summer we might go out to Middlebury, IN and see how they build them.
G-JLD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #18

How soon do you plan on buying?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
How soon do you plan on buying?
We are going to drive out to Austin to look at one tomorrow. I think we may want one with more options in it but someone else here noted a delivery time of 18 weeks, We can't wait that long I don't think. We hope to put the house up for sale in April or May. We would like to have it by then.
Don_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-JLD9 View Post
We were at the RV show in Wichita, KS this weekend and Kansas RV Center had the Alfa Gold 3905SH with the motorcycle garage on display there. We have been looking at toy haulers and though this is not toy hauler with lots of toy room, we liked it. Husband really liked the motorcycle lift system because didn't have to worry about backing the Harley down the steep toy hauler ramps. Lifestyle is rated for full time living and I really like the in house built frame. We looked at this unit for a good hour and liked the floor plan, except where the kitchen sink was. Its at the corner where the frig is so if I were using the sink and Gary wanted a beer I would have to move, not good.

We felt that of the different toy hauler we have looked at, this one has the quality we are looking for. But the Alfa Gold is a very different type toy hauler with only a small garage, but you gain more living space. Its really making us rethink whats going to be important to us for our full time adventure in 4 years.

They had this listed at 109K MSRP and show price at 83K and I really liked the salesmen, Oliver Breiner, that was showing us the stuff on this rig. They didn't want to sell this one, they like using this one as a demo and order one if some one wants to buy. He said it takes 18 weeks.

I think this summer we might go out to Middlebury, IN and see how they build them.
We like the 3905 because we want to take the motorcycle with us and we don't want to give up living space as we will be living in it full time. I really like the way it loads the motorcycle too. I hope it is reliable.

We are going to look at one tomorrow but it doesn't have everything we think we want in it. I was hoping to order one but if the delivery is going to be 18 weeks we can't wait that long.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #21

Don...if you like the one in Austin, they can replace the 12 cu. ft. Dometic fridge with a 18-20 cu.ft. residential fridge if they are a decent dealer. Other dealers do it all the time. I would look at the one in Kansas too. I would drive 500-600 miles to save $4k-$5K...and I think that one already has the residential fridge.
If you tell the dealer in Kyle that you found another one, they will probable negotiated a little better with you and install the larger fridge too. All they have to do for the new fridge is install an inverter. We had a whirpool 20 cu.ft. with door dispenser ice/water installed on our Tesla 3950 (Evergreen product)...so it can be done.
I met the Evergreen regional rep at the Houston RV show and I can give you his email address if you like
Old 02-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Don...if you like the one in Austin, they can replace the 12 cu. ft. Dometic fridge with a 18-20 cu.ft. residential fridge if they are a decent dealer. Other dealers do it all the time. I would look at the one in Kansas too. I would drive 500-600 miles to save $4k-$5K...and I think that one already has the residential fridge.
If you tell the dealer in Kyle that you found another one, they will probable negotiated a little better with you and install the larger fridge too. All they have to do for the new fridge is install an inverter. We had a whirpool 20 cu.ft. with door dispenser ice/water installed on our Tesla 3950 (Evergreen product)...so it can be done.
I met the Evergreen regional rep at the Houston RV show and I can give you his email address if you like
I may have visited with the same rep in Houston. I have his contact info somewhere but if you can send it to me, that would be great. Thanks! I looked on the RV Trader site and I found about six 3905SHs but I don't think I say one with the residential fridge.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #23

I thought 18 weeks was a long time to have on order too. But I didn't go into detail with him about time frame for ordering because we are not ready to buy yet. If I remember right he said it should be 10 weeks but the last one he ordered took more like 18.
G-JLD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #24

I saw 2 with residential fridge...one with ice maker in the bottom freezer, and the other on the door with water/ice dispenser. You must have met Chad Swank, his email is cswank@goevergreenrv.com
I think he told me the lead time was 8-10 weeks now and you can pick everything you want. I think the RV Guys in Denton negotiate better than most dealers. They don't sell the Bay Hill, but they do sell the Lifestyle, Alfa Gold, and Tesla.
With all that said, if you like the one in Austin, just tell them you want a residential fridge or no deal...
I bet they will do it for you...good luck
Old 02-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #25

Was at the Austin rv show Sunday and the evergreen rep told me that this Friday is their end of the month and he is going to give the dealers alot..I mean alot of incentives to sell the tesla's because he has too many on his lot so it may be worth while to check into the tesla 3950 or 3970...we like the 3970 better and if we were in the place to trade our rv in I would be talking to an evergreen dealer today
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #26

FYI - I have a new Lifestyle that I ordered to insure I got everything I wanted and not some things that I did not. Well worth the couple of months wait since I was buying for the long term. I live in Houston and bought from Tiara RV in Elkhart, In. I saved the $2k of freight to pay for our trip up to pick it up and save $6k over the Houston dealer besides the freight savings.

The dealer was wonderful to deal with and I toured the Lifestyle plant which was awesome to how these first quality 5th wheels are produced. I dealt with Deb at Tiara who I was very please with. They encourage you to spend a few nights in the unit at their facility to have any issues corrected before you depart.

When departing Deb gave me info on the Alpha unit with the motorcycle garage for a friend that is in the market for one.

I can only speak for the Lifestyle as being a top quality 5th wheel but I would expect the Alpha to be as well. We saw both being produced
gregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #27

We made the trip to Austin yesterday. We planned to look at a sold unit that didn't have much in the way of options. When we arrived we discovered they were able to get another unit with all options with the exception of the residential fridge. They offered to add it. My wife decided she is fine with the 12 cubic foot fridge instead of getting the residential fridge, she has more room in the kitchen that way. They are adding the washer and dryer and we will go back and get it in a week or two, depending on my wife's work schedule. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #28

Congrats...but you'll want the residential fridge in less than a month
Just sayin....happy trails