Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

Alfa Gold 3905SH

Does anyone here have or know anything about the Alfa Gold 3905SH? My wife and I are going to start our full time RV life in the next few months. We want to take our HD touring bike with us. This 5th wheel camper seems to be what we are looking for but we are not sure about the quality of the camper.

I also have not found anywhere, at least not on the internet, that actually has one on a lot. I wonder if the only way to get one is to order it? I don't mind ordering but I sure would like to take a good look at one very similar before I put my money down.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
This may help locating a dealer

Dealer Locator - Lifestyle Luxury Recreational Vehicles, LLC.

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
Thanks, that is one of the places I tried. There are plenty of LifeStyle dealers but I only found a couple that show to be Alpha Gold dealers. There didn't appear any 3905s of any kind out there.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #4

A quick check of rvtrader.com shows 8 nationwide.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Barb View Post
A quick check of rvtrader.com shows 8 nationwide.
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about checking there. We also found one in Kyle Tx. We are going to look at it next week.

We went to the Houston RV show last weekend hoping to look at one. There were none at the show but we were able to look at the Lifestyle 5th wheels. They seem to be well made, I am hoping the Alfa Gold 5th wheel campers are similar in construction and quality.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #6

We saw some Alfa Gold 5th wheels at the Kansas RV Center, Chanute, KS, former NuWa HitchHiker factory. They now sell SOBs and have an awesome service center.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
We saw some Alfa Gold 5th wheels at the Kansas RV Center, Chanute, KS, former NuWa HitchHiker factory. They now sell SOBs and have an awesome service center.
If you were able to take a good look at the Alfa Gold 5th wheels at the RV center, what are your impressions of them?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:20 AM   #8

I don't own one, but my cousin does. I would say that he will tell you it's the worst pile of junk out there. Don't do it. He has more trouble with his. I didn't think they were in business anymore. Anyway, look around for something better.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
I don't own one, but my cousin does. I would say that he will tell you it's the worst pile of junk out there. Don't do it. He has more trouble with his. I didn't think they were in business anymore. Anyway, look around for something better.
Which year and model does your cousin own? What kind of trouble has he had with it?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #10

We did not like the Alpha Gold 5th wheels when we saw them at the Kansas RV Center. We have a HitchHiker so our perspective is biased. When we compare SOBs to our HitchHiker, we find most of them are lacking. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #11

Don, Alfa is owned by Evergreen...and they build a quality 5th wheel unit. You're probably referring to the 3905MH (motorcycle hauler). We have a large toyhauler for our Harley Ultra Limited, but my older cousin has bought the Alfa 3905SH (or MH...motorcycle hauler) and they have had zero issues with it in the last 7 months. You see many on here comment and don't have a clue... Just go to the Evergreen website and you can find an Alfa dealer near you. They are built are the same plant that builds the Lifestyle unit also by Evergreen. There are several dealers, and most don't have one in stock (they don't last long). But you are right it is the only 5th wheel with a slide out storage for a motorcycle. Jimmy (my older cousin 71 years old) said it takes about 1/2 an hour to slide it out and load or unload. His bike weighs about 900 lbs (2013 gold wing)
Which part of the country are you from?
Old 02-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #12

I looked at the Alpha Gold at the Tampa RV Show last year. They are made by EverGreen. EverGreen bought the rights to the Alpha Gold name. They also (kinda) make the old Carriage type 5er and call it the LifeStyle. The LifeStyle is more like the lower end Carriage Cameo which is not a "wide body" 5er. The Alpha Gold however is the 6" wider version (the frame anyway) of the Carriage Carri-Lite which was a better than average 5er back in the mid 2000's.

EverGreen was never thought of as a high quality builder. They used cheap composure Azdel type materials that are lite-weight. I guess EverGreen is trying to break into the higher end market with some of the old Carriage management people.

When I looked at the Alpha Gold I was not impressed. The interior seemed like just 'run of mill' .
Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #13

I can't relate to the Carriage Cameo, but the Lifestyle is definitely not a 'lower end'. Also, in 2015 all Lifestyle models come with the 101" wide body. The old Alpha of the past is not the new Alpha of today. It might be worthwhile to get updated and check out the new Lifestyle.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #14

We looked at the Lifestyle 5th wheel campers at an RV show in Houston recently. There were no Alfa 5th wheels there though. We like the Lifestyle but we are going to carry our touring bike with us. I think the Alfa is built similar in quality as they come off the same line. We think the Alfa is what we want but we need to take a good look at one before buying. We found one in Austin and we are going to look at it this Wednesday. If we like it and we can get a fair price we will buy one. I think 25 to 30 percent off of MSRP s fair, is that right?