Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #15

oldbeek, I googled Red Max...a lot of reading to do. Will give it a look when I get the chance.

steelpony555, looks like we did the reverse....wanting a smaller unit. As we don't fulltime, the Alpenlite will allow us to go back to some of the local State Parks the Excel limited us from using. Thanks for the Facebook information, will try to find them as there will always have questions with a 'new to us' unit.

Have been camping/rving from an early age with a van camper, truck camper, MH, two 5th wheels...now three...and there is always something new to learn with each one that was different from the last.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

workshop

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
ok now that I am home I can use the laptop and here is the link for the FB page https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/55052773669/

steelpony555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #17

Hi..do you have a box in the storage area about 6x8? We have a 2001 Alpenlite Augusta 5th wheel and don't know what the little push pull knobs on the box are for, thought maybe you had this on your new to you rig. Thanks for any insite.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #18

Yes, I do have that box. If it's the same...it has four push-pull switches and is mounted next to the curbside compartment door opening.

I have labeling on mine that indicate they are used to remove or apply 12vdc power to various parts of the unit. One to remove all inteior power, one for the main slide and one for the bedroom slide. Without looking can't remember the fourth switch but will look tomorrow. They are normally in the out position for power. Just a convienent location to allow removing power from the slides and circuits without pulling fuses.

Have had the Aplenlite for several months and still getting it set up and moved into. Had our first trip last week and enjoyed the unit. After having a 50 amp unit prior...only blew the 30 amp breaker once.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #19

Mine is much older. I have a master in the cargo that disables the front legs 12 volt. Another near the fuse panel inside that disables all other 12 volt.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #20

This is the photo of the 'box'. The reason I couldn't remember the forth switch is because it wasn't labeled.

While taking the photo this morning and using oldbeek's comments...I pushed in the unmarked switch and tried the landing gear switches. That is what the forth switch controls...

The owners manual only references the switches but didn't give a detailed description of their use.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop View Post
This is the photo of the 'box'. The reason I couldn't remember the forth switch is because it wasn't labeled.

While taking the photo this morning and using oldbeek's comments...I pushed in the unmarked switch and tried the landing gear switches. That is what the forth switch controls...

The owners manual only references the switches but didn't give a detailed description of their use.
Thanks for the info. At least I know where to start. My switch box did not have any labels. I only have two knobs.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #22

If you have only two switches...I might guess one is for the landing gear and maybe interior power. The way I determined the unlabeled switch was the landing gear, I pushed the switch to the off position and tried the landing gear switches. You might have to do the same and see what doesn't work.

I repositioned the box, which was located on the wall near the compartment door to the ceiling so it would be out of the way. In doing so, I broke one of the switch's where the wires connect...Checked the internet and was suprised they are still available.

How long have you had your Augusta...? Did you get the owners manual and equipment manuals....I was lucky, the prior owner had everything in a bottom drawer.

workhorse
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #23

The switch is made by Cole-Hersey. Available through Napa auto parts stores. HD Marine push pull. Gives you an indication of the quality put into Alpenlite. That switch alone sells for $30.00 ea.