Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
Alpha Owners Manual

Hello All, I am trying to download a Alpha Owners Manual for about a 10+ year old RV. SF31RKT Spacemaster. Please, I know it's not enough accurate information, but it is all I have to go by.
I am trying to find out specifications on the Fifth Wheel Model my friend has, specifically; gallon sizes of the 3 holding tanks, and most important, the size of the "Black Tank."
The handles are labeled; Toilet Tank, Galley Tank, Shower Tank.
My problem is the installed Manufacturers Label is unreadable, I don't know what year it's made, just model # and it's over 10 years old. I believe this is why I am having such a hard time finding a Manual.

Please, don't guess the size of holding tanks unless "You" have owned one. Thanks.

I must admit, I don't know who makes ALPHA, as I can't find an Owners Manual, I feel lost.
Any accurate help "Someone Can Provide, Would Be Most Helpful".
Last Note: I Am Not An RV Expert, so I do need help...
Thank You So Very Much In Advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You're likely referring to an ALFA since the meager information on the net refers to their 'patented' Space-Master chassis. The company is out of business. I couldn't find any information with either spelling to your specific model. You may want to take a little more time with an in-depth search using the Alfa spelling.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bilgerat,
Half time is correct Alfa is out of business but get the serial number off the ID plate or the title and call Alfateers in California, you can find the number on the net. They purchased all the leftover parts and paperwork when Alfa Leisure went out of business in 2008. They should be able to answer your questions with the serial number of the unit. Let me know if you need any other info and I will do what I can.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #4

I have a 2002 brochure but the closest I can find to that model # is ID31RKTKBS, which is a rear kitchen model of actual length 33'4". It lists capacities of Fresh water = 100 gal, gray water = 130 gal, and black = 50 gal.

Every model listed (14 models) had the same fresh and black water capacities, but gray varied from 90 gal to 130 gal. They didn't list separate values for each gray tank but apparently just added the two up.
jspande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks

Franka548 Thanks and Half Dime was on point too.
Called Alphateers in Cali, they were most helpful. Told me where to look for the VIN # it was at the pin hook-up. Turns out I am dealing with a 1979 model. And they were able to give me the info I needed. Of course they answered a number of other questions, but what a wealth of information.
Again Thank You So Much, I knew someone on irv2 would know where to look.

Hope Everyone Is Having A Great Day. As for us, we are hunkering down for another Winter Event ... Yeah, Life Don't Get Much Better Than This, Unless You Are In Above Freezing Weather!!!
Oh Well, What Can Ya Do But Smile And Take It...

Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Bilgerat,
Glad that I could help, I love my Alfa and haven't seen anything that I would give her up for yet, and we live in it full time. Had a '97 Ideal model and liked it also, but not as well as this one.
We have an alfa owners club that is very helpful also, it is called the Alfa Sunrisers, mostly members from the east of the Mississippi, but that is not exclusive, if you want more info on this ,send me a PM and I will do my best to answer any questions that you may have.
Frank
Old 03-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank You for the input. The model they have is a 31' rear kitchen. And knowing the black tank is 50 gal is so very helpful. The 3 holding tanks was a curve ball for my limited knowledge, the Galley Tank Valve was buried under the 50 amp power cord. We are going to get a break in the weather come Sunday. At least they have had running water and a functioning toilet during this last storm.
Well back to clearing snow, & Dreaming Of Wintering In The South West!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #8

Hey guys, I've got a 38 alfa see ya 5er with 3slides and 7000 onan. Lots of issues with Camoing World on fixes/upgrades on this unit. No manual provided or effort made on their part. I'm having trouble on figuring out where bypass valves need to be so as not to flood the park again when trying to hook up to city pressure.
Also my gas furnace pump is running constantly even when a/c is on. The a/c is a heat pump version. I'm thinking I have a bad thermostat ? Not the thermostat itself but integrated switching functions, as a/c & heat cycle correctly with thermo function. Furnace fan even runs constantly on batteries when ac current is disconnected. I can't shut it off unless I pull batt cables. Bad relay or sensor? I'm puzzled.
The gen is upfront but the plug and receptacle are in the rear port bay ,with a household switch for 30/50 , to manually switch ac power.
Any comments or help appreciated.
maddczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Tom,
The blower on the furnace is 12volt, and it does sound like the thermostat is not functioning properly. Any qualified RV tech should be able to correct your problem, the systems are similar on every brand. The 30/50 switch for the electric is for whatever you are plugged into, i.e., if you are plugged into 30amp service, put the switch to 30, if you are plugged into 50 amp, put the switch in 50 position.
There should be a 50 amp receptacle to plug the cord in, this is to run the unit off the generator as there is no transfer switch to automatically switch from shore power to generator power. If you have any other questions, I will do my best to answer.
Frank
Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Tom,
The blower on the furnace is 12volt, and it does sound like the thermostat is not functioning properly. Any qualified RV tech should be able to correct your problem, the systems are similar on every brand. The 30/50 switch for the electric is for whatever you are plugged into, i.e., if you are plugged into 30amp service, put the switch to 30, if you are plugged into 50 amp, put the switch in 50 position.
There should be a 50 amp receptacle to plug the cord in, this is to run the unit off the generator as there is no transferred switch to automatically switch from shore power to generator power. If you have any other questions, I will do my best to answer.
Frank
Thanks frank I understand the ac settings, and yes that fan is 12 volt. I m trying to remedy this myself without the "help" of an rv "technician". I will likely disconnect the fan until I can trouble shoot the problem with a schematic available. My guess is I will find some gerry rigging at the hands of some CW "tech".
I'm now trying to ascertain which positions the two bypass valves need to be in for city pressure, and house pump. Two valves means four possible combinations. I'm also suspect of one valve having the bonnet installed incorrectly, giving the impressiin of an incorrect setting. I will submit pics in another post as I have tried this before and lost all print in the post.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #11

Attempting post of first valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhruska View Post
Thanks frank I understand the ac settings, and yes that fan is 12 volt. I m trying to remedy this myself without the "help" of an rv "technician". I will likely disconnect the fan until I can trouble shoot the problem with a schematic available. My guess is I will find some gerry rigging at the hands of some CW "tech".
I'm now trying to ascertain which positions the two bypass valves need to be in for city pressure, and house pump. Two valves means four possible combinations. I'm also suspect of one valve having the bonnet installed incorrectly, giving the impressiin of an incorrect setting. I will submit pics in another post as I have tried this before and lost all print in the post.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #12

Sorry I can't seem to find the trick to post pics here.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
tom,
There is a post somewhere about posting pics, do a search for how to post picture in a message.
With the heat pumps, when the temperature drops to 64* in the unit the gas furnace kicks on even though the thermostat is set for elec heat. It could be the thermostat or just the circuit board. also make sure the fan is switched to auto and not on manual. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Frank
Old 04-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #14

Thanks Frank, you've been a great help.
I have some difficulty with posting pics on other sites also. I lack some puter skills to be sure. Ill look for those instructions here.
Its a good feeling to know I'm at least on the right track.
Thanks again

Tags
manual