Last fall we decided to trade our DP Motor home on a fifth wheel, in November we found a new 3650TS Big Country by Heartland. The DW loved the floorplan, I loved the price, it was a floor model and the last one they had left. We got it for under 40k, it did have a small scratch on the front and was otherwise in pristine condition. (It buffed out!)
We were not ableto use it until last month and just returned from a three week stay on the Washington Pennisula. Here is what I found.
1. Towing-we bought a 1 ton Dodge 350 long bed, the fifth wheel towed like a dream, much easier that our 28ft Keystone tt we had, we were an hour and a half in Seattle traffic, no problems*if you buy a truck make sure it has an exhaust brake! It also is a piece of cake to back up and get into tight spots. (Yes it is 38ft)
2. It has more room for living than our Winnebego Journey 36L. We simply felt at home every night. The fireplace was a huge plus on those cold coastal mornings.
3. Set up was simple but did take a few minutes longer than the MH. We loved having our truck to drive out on the ocean beaches!!
4. Issues, after watching this sight for a year I was a little worried but found it was for naught. Everything worked and was easy to access. The two issues we had were. 1
The bathroom sink would not hold water. 2
The indicator light for waste water alway showed 2/3 full or full.
5. Would I reccomend the fifth wheel to a friend, absolutely. I also would reccomend buying a new truck or fifth wheel at the end of the year. We got both for the MSRP on a new Big Country! And we save over a $100.00 on insurance and we are getting almost twice the mpg.
Hope this is helpful, I can't wait to go full time!!!!