Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #15

NuWa Inventory | NuWa's Factory Direct sales website | Kansas RV Center

Nuwa has renamed to Kansas center service is still in operation and they still sell other Fifth wheel brands along with NuWa 5th Wheels. They also refurbish Fifth Wheels.
They still offer the same warranty service they had before.
Scott
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJ View Post
Based on information I've collected from various sources, it appears that the following brands are generally considered good bets for full-time, year-round use in Texas:

For sure: Carriage, NuWa, Excel, DRV for sure.
Probably: King of the Road, Newmar, Lifestyle, SpaceCraft, New Horizons

We are not concerned about luxury, just reasonable durability, insulation, and structural integrity where the roof is likely to hold up well, etc. (We plan to be diligent on periodic maintenance.)
I don't know SpaceCraft, but all the other in the list are good. IM found of NUWA and Carriage Cameo 2011 37CKSLS is my home now.

Myself I'd run from any thing made by any company owned by Warren Buffet or Thor. Every company they have bought quality went down profits went up. Nothing wrong with Mr Buffet making a profit.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #17

I seen your list. The only mfg's I see missing are teton and travel supreme. Both make great units
My home at this time is a newmar kountry aire. Previous unit was a carriage carri-lite. The newmar is quite a bit of an upgrade. Been full timing in north west arkansas for over a year
Winter here was a piece of cake. Real challenge comes when I got to minnesota this winter. A side from a custom unit I don't see anything much better. Just my opinion.
dynacopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What 5th-wheels are made with fiberglass or metal roofs?
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Dynacopas, you should have said Teton and Travel Supreme MADE good units; sadly they are both out of business.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
Also look at the Dynamax Trilogy, we have a 3650 RL , It has a lightweight fiberglass roof, residential fridge and MCD shades standard , they are a newer company (in the 5th wheel market) , we have a couple of videos ,1 covering the inside, and 1 I have made of the outside and mechanicals and a few minor issues I have found and fixed, our blog is at the bottom of the page
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
The DRV Elite Suites has a fiberglass roof. Don't overlook the TPO roof that was standard on our Mobile Suites - it's been great for over 9 years.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
The Limited models from EXCEL have fiberglass roofs.
Krkuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #23

NuWa has stopped making 5th wheels. They are in the process of selling their remaining stock. They are planning on keeping their service center open as well as selling other manufacturers coaches.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #24

Need to do some research before considering a Trigoly. Many on the forest river forum are complaining about heating the units. also cooling the units. Not well insulated.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #25

We love our Continental Coach Elegance. A true full-timers rig built like a tank. The company was featured on Extreme RV's TV show a few weeks ago. They have several key designers from Travel Supreme (which was an excellent full-timer's rig) and fit and finish like nothing i have ever seen. Even the Teton owners club has endorsed them.

Worth checking out.

http://www.forksrv.com/continental/index.php
12 Tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I don't understand whats the big deal that NUWA, Carriage or others went out of business! There's a lot of companies that have gone out of business big deal! Lot of companies that have gone out still made a better RV than most in business do today. When you got a RV over 2 or 3 years what you got, it's either a well built used trailer or a used piece of junk and so your a orphan! After you buy a RV most MFG going to treat you like a orphan any way!
Every thing put in any RV, appliances, ac's, toilets, big foots, hitches, ect, ect are in any rv! The difference in any unit is whats done in building there frames, walls, floors, insulation and ceilings.
In next 5 years you might be surprised who else goes out of business and it will be more than likely a quality built trailer! Look at the past ten year!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #27

I had the most expensive best build model made in Canada unit for 13 years and it was nothing but trouble. It was really over priced and as a used unit it was worth the same as any other model.
We bought on price for a few $ more then 13 years before for a used 2 years old and we have a unit I truely can depend on and keep for years to come.
The big ones got greedy and the market changed and they didn't keep up.

After all most campers like me buy on price and make do. And most things that appeals to owners is ease of travel and use.

Who wants a big elegant that only depreciates and can be replace for much less. Look what happened to MH sales.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #28

When you full time it depends on what you desire for your home. I personally can afford a nice home and I own one. It has wheels to boot.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote