Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Any Durango Owners?

We sold our home and are in the process of closing. We are buying a 40ft Durango Gold 5th Wheel we will live in full time.

https://www.kz-rv.com/.../durango-gold-fifth.../G384RLT.html

We will keep our 28ft TT to bounce around in for fun. I've looked at the owner forums but don't see any for Durango owners.

Just wondered how many were out here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #2

KZ RV Club
Smile Durango Gold

We have the Durango Gold, 2016, with the front living room and love it. We had a 1015 Durango with a rear living room before that and liked it a lot. It would be very easy to live in this unit full time but that is not for us. We spend four months in south Texas in this RV in the winter and find it to be very comfortable. You will enjoy it!
Deon-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #3

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicalwoman View Post
We sold our home and are in the process of closing. We are buying a 40ft Durango Gold 5th Wheel we will live in full time.

https://www.kz-rv.com/.../durango-gold-fifth.../G384RLT.html

We will keep our 28ft TT to bounce around in for fun. I've looked at the owner forums but don't see any for Durango owners.

Just wondered how many were out here.
Hi Magicalwoman,

Let me try to answer your questions in reverse order. There is a KZ owners page on this forum but is hard to access and has little information. The "REAL" KZ forum is KZ Family Forum.com and can be accessed From the official KZ RV web site in the bottom right corner of the home page. This is where you will find all the latest tech info and happenings on KZ products.

The DW and I own a 2018 Durango Gold G384RLT. We have had it since March. So far no problems but this winter will be the real test, that is when we will be using it for it's first full season of snowbirding in Florida. Last season it was only for a month and then for 2 weeks at the KZ rally. It is a wonderful coach to spend an extended period of time in, so fulltiming should be no problem. Hope this helps.
jetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #4

Hi Magicalwoman: we have owned a 2015 KZ Durango 1500 295 for 2 years now. We only had one problem with it and our dealer fixed it right away. Our friends liked it so well they wanted to get one, but dealer didn't have any, told them they sell out as fast as they get them on the lot. We just ran out of warranty, so hoping problems don't start showing up. We have put a bunch of miles on it.
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you so much for that information. I will check out that forum.

We get our 384 mid October, that is when our lot will be ready. I am so excited. We have looked and shopped for about a year now and just really fell in love with this model and everything about the KZ.

I think, no I know we will be very happy. Right now we are in our 28ft TT and doing well. Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 AM   #6

KZ RV Club
When ever you get your new Durango just make sure you do a thorough PDI. Don't accept it unless everything is to your satisfaction.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks. I think there is a checklist that can be printed out. I will look for it. When we did our walk through on our FR we missed some things. So we will be careful. Tacoma RV said it would take about 2 hours.

Again, thanks so much. We are so excited.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #8

KZ RV Club
I have a 2017 Durango G353RKT . I have had some minor issues most I repaired myself. The one thing that seems common is the bed lift shocks. The come stapled from the factory and the staple don't hold. I drilled and screwed them in place. Look for water leaks under the sinks, water supply lines and the strainers. I did not fill the sinks on PDI, got it to the first camp site and had water in the cabinet when doing dishes. Simple fix with some plumbers caulk. Dealers will take weeks to months to do warranty work so it's far faster to do the little stuff yourself.
Lastly if it has the auto leveling system go over operation a couple times, it takes awhile to figure out, Go through hitching and unhitching & leveling. Emergency retracting of the levelers. How to manually open & close slides. Nothing like having to get the manual out when you have an issue.
jetzen was at the last KZ rally & has RV'd years, he will be a good source of info.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #9

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicalwoman View Post
Thanks. I think there is a checklist that can be printed out. I will look for it. When we did our walk through on our FR we missed some things. So we will be careful. Tacoma RV said it would take about 2 hours.

Again, thanks so much. We are so excited.
Don't let them rush you on the PDI. Mine was 9 hours. Go over everything, make them fill the tanks, work the furnace and A/C units, hot water tank. Look underneath and on the roof, check every caulking joint. Don't be timid it's your money it will spend anywhere. Nothing is worse than having something go wrong on your first trip out. Edd505 also has some good suggestions.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Awesome advice. We are taking notes and will for sure check everything. I just love this forum and the wise advice anyone can get on any topic.