Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #15

We purchased a Sundance 3400QB in January. Haven't taken it for its maiden voyage. What sold me on Heartland was the fact the factory rep for Sundance called me directly to answer any questions I had. I was able to meet with him at the RV show this past weekend and those folks at Heartland are very user friendly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #16

We're on our 2nd HL product, and have really enjoyed them. Every year we go to the RV show and check out the competition. We haven't seen anything that compares to the quality and bang for the buck. We've met a great bunch of owners on the Heartland Owners forum that can help you in the blink of an eye... Making problems seem less like problems. The factory stands behind their product. And, the Rallies are a blast! Our next coach will likely be a HL when the time is right.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #17

We too are satisfied Heartland owners! We fulltimed for six years in a 2008 Bighorn and now are currently fulltiming in a 2013 Landmark.

Have there been some issues? Sure...but nothing that would shy us away from Heartland's product or the company, which has excellent customer service.

That said, how you approach a company goes along way in having things taken care of...demanding and threatening will usually get you nowhere...JMHO.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you want to own a fifth wheel with all the kinks worked out, you should buy a used unit. The volume coming out of the factory suggests that there are bound to be issues. We had some real problems with our first Dutchmen Infinity, and they stepped up with a new unit. But I read the OP's facebook list of problems and it didn't seem that bad. I would still rather have a new unit and tweak it to our desires, even faced with a few loose connectors.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #19

We had a HL and it had lots of minor issues and we tried to get ahold of a rep for months and never a reply, that was 1 1/2 ago. We where lucky enough that our dealer did all the warranty work and basically told us they are not easy to deal with. It was a new unit but with the lack of response from HL it is now gone and we bought a Montana 3750 and love it and the service we get.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane993 View Post
We had a HL and it had lots of minor issues and we tried to get ahold of a rep for months and never a reply, that was 1 1/2 ago. We where lucky enough that our dealer did all the warranty work and basically told us they are not easy to deal with. It was a new unit but with the lack of response from HL it is now gone and we bought a Montana 3750 and love it and the service we get.

Your experience was the complete opposite to ours. We had a small gouge in our kitchen floor at delivery and HL replaced the whole floor as well as the microwave because it too had a small scratch on it. We also had two small bubbles repaired on the outside skin with no questions asked except what more could they do for us. HL has been very responsive to us.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane993 View Post
Your experience is definitely contrary to the vast majority of Heartland owners...sorry you had issues and hope you are enjoying your Montana...
Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 AM   #22

We are very happy with our Bighorn. They have a super forum and every one their is extremely helpful. I would buy another one in a minute. It is true you can get a lemon with any company.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #23

2nd year full timing in our Big Horn. Ours was factory ordered with some off-sheet options. Quality is very good with only one vendor supplied item that is poor. I fixed that myself for an improvement, but I understand Heartland may be changing supplier (let's hope)
Old 03-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #24

We bought a 2010 Landmark Augusta a week ago. We had a bunch of problems, some we resolved some not yet. We were very discouraged until we read these posts. As Rvers for the past 14 years (motorhomes) we are used to fixing stuff but got a bit troubled after reading HL plumbing problems with leaks and black tank odors. We love our full paint Landmark and hope to resolve most of the issues soon.

Our biggest problem is a LP leak outside. Sprayed everything with soapy water and cannot find it. It seem to be around the tank fittings. I'm thinking of replacing the regulator (won't go green) and the pigtails. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks to those how remain positive. We also joined the HL discussion group. Will change my signature soon. Paul
Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #25

Propane

You didn't give a lot of detail on your exterior propane leak (Regulator) but can't find any bubbles, maybe the tank valve or tank? -
Did you check the Hot Water Heater or Furnace since both are exterior and near the propane tanks? Leaking gas makes me very nervous. Heartland will pay for a tech to service the FW in warranty onsite. You just have to contact them prior to getting the service. You will probably have to pay the tech travel charge but I'm not sure about that.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #26

Check out the Heartland owner's website, you will get more honest information there then you can imagine. Good Luck.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #27

A close friend purchased a 2011 Landmark San Antonio and had major problems with it (slide leaks, auto-leveling system that didn't...). Even though Heartland made many attempts at a fix, the problems never got resolved. My friend ended up seeking relief via the Texas Lemon Law. He's not allowed to say what Heartland ended up doing, but he did say the money he spent hiring an attorney was well worth it, and he no longer owns a Heartland product.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #28

Westwind: Thanks for the info. I removed the LP pigtail and the secondary regulator from the LP main line in the passenger side compartment. Pulled the hose to look for damages. Nothing! I reinstalled everything and the leak is gone. Don't know why but I'm happy. I also solved the odor in the bathroom by closing the vent, the wind was blowing it in. Wonder why the vents aren't in the back of the vent cover.

Tags
heartland