Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #29

My guess is that sometimes the floor plans prevent the location of some of these vents to places that make sense. If it were a stick build house you know there would be a rule on that. Fortunately I haven't had the odor problem with mine but I can't remember where the vents are in location to the bathroom roof vent.
Nature of the beasts - you can always find something that needs adjustment or fixing. Spent the other day installing a new converter and putting a slide lower gasket back on it's track.
Because I enjoy RV'ing these repairs are minor, but that's the only kind I've had to date.

2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL, Trailer Saver BD3
2015 GMC Sierra 3500 SLE CC, Shortbed D/A
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
I was washing it and sealing the roof when I noticed my neighbors vents were in a similar place. I'll give the builder credit in doing what they can where they can. I'll install a turbine vent and a vent shroud cover for the bathroom fan. At the present the vent is open and no smell. The wind must be in the right direction.

Paul & Lise
2010 Landmark, Augusta
tyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #31
We have had several issues with our BigHorn 3610 RE, 2011.... Our dealer has worked with us on most of our issues, it stayed at their shop more than our shed we built for it the first yr we owned it....finally got the major issue the fridge fixed after the replaced it with a Norcold. We fixed minor leaks under the br sink, dealer fixed the kitchen sink that fell in....let's see they changed our converter with an upgrade, we replaced a bad battery before the convertor failed.....we fixed our shower door that wouldn't stay on the track (glass kept falling out of its holder).....only 2 problem left with this rig is the end cap fiberglass has cracked on the corners. Sent pictures to the rep as requested and was told it was not under warranty, I replied even if we purchased an extended warranty.....NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM! Now I have the microwave / convection oven that I think the fan motors inside the unit have stopped working.....NOBODY, not even my dealer is trying to help! Did I tell you that the dealer no longer carries Heartland products... I was told to find a certified technician.....why is that my job? I love our unit, otherwise I would have claimed the lemon law long ago.....I have not made any threats or been rude to anybody. I just would like for Heartland to give a little more customer service on their higher end RV's. Their product is priced with the inception of being made of quality workmanship, and customer service. Hmmmmmm? Really? I loved my convection oven used it and not the propane one and really would love for it to work! Don't know if I would buy another Heartland Product again.
Bayouslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #32
Texas Boomers Club
Bayouslug, why not post the pictures of the rear cap cracks here or on the Heartland Owners forum. Someone may be able to give you some advice about what to do about it.

And as far as the convection oven, most will just go buy another to replace the original. I wouldn't spend a lot of time agonizing over something that is simple to replace.
2011 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon
JayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #33
Heartland Owners Forum

I highly recommend making use of the Heartland Owner's forum. We have had problems with our Bighorn but I was able to resolve them myself since we are about 4 hours from our dealer. I could have called Heartland and probably gotten a mobile RV service but since I felt capable of fixing it I did. The only appliance that has given us problems was the Washer/Dryer and the Hot Water heater, both were out of warranty so I fixed the washer/dryer twice now with help from Westwood and we had a mobile tech repair the hot water heater.
I could list the other things but what's the point. We love our Bighorn and I would buy another again. I feel Heartland is no worse then any other brand. We are bouncing these mobile houses all over and it's not surprising that problems occur. But I do feel that the manufacturers could give us a product that can take the use that we subject them too.

2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL, Trailer Saver BD3
2015 GMC Sierra 3500 SLE CC, Shortbed D/A
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote